It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

The players aren't willing to take that risk in World Cup year. That is the reason Ake is looking to leave. Chelsea don't have many CBs for this season he will get games
Top players should always fancy themselves to get the starting spot.

Ake knows he isn't good enough to dislodge the other 3.

Some players should have more bottle.

Zinchenko is definitely not a LW. Pep rarely even plays him in midfield (his desired position), but It would make more sense for him to play as 8 and free up Bernardo/KDB for a front 3 position.

I really don't think that we paid £100m for Pep to use Grealish as a 'second string' player. I would think (barring injury etc) Pep will use him more often in the PL next session than Bernardo.

I also think that Alvarez is likely play a greater part than Mahrez in the PL.

An interesting season ahead for sure!

Like you say, it's going to be an interesting season, but I can't agree with your predictions. Bernardo's energy and performances in big game means he's integral to the team. I dont see anyone displacing him in our first eleven.

Mahrez has won multiple titles and scored some of our most important champs league goals in the last few seasons. Alvarez looks promising, but jumping ahead of Mahrez in the pecking order is a big ask for his first season.

Top players should always fancy themselves to get the starting spot.

Ake knows he isn't good enough to dislodge the other 3.

Some players should have more bottle.
Last season or next definitely when there isn't a major international taking place where their postiton isn't in the national side isn't in jeopardy. Ake is good enough and like you said Ake should stay and show that he can dislodge the other 3.

Starting to think Sterling out Cucurella in might be the end of our dealings.

Perhaps Ake out Gvardiol in. Whatever we got for Ake could be spent on Gvardiol and I don’t think RB Leipzig could turn it down.

When our four new players are presented there should be a cardboard cut out of Cucurella there too.

Edit: Mr Tap in beat me to it in the post above!

The players aren't willing to take that risk in World Cup year. That is the reason Ake is looking to leave. Chelsea don't have many CBs for this season he will get games

To be honest, I think Ake is pretty much nailed on for the Dutch starting eleven alongside VVD in the WC whoever he plays for, or how often he's playing.
Same with Raheem Sterling for England.

It's not about the World Cup, imo, it's just about playing regular football. Both Ake and Sterling probably see themselves as no more than 'bit players' at City. They need these moves.

Pep is convinced we don't need to replace Sterling for the left and Zinchenko should fill the requirement for him and the left back rotation.

Hope the lad trusts Pep :)

Zinch in my book deserves a chance and a punt anywhere on the pitch. But he has only played in attacking midfield what twice? and anywhere in midfield maybe 3 times? Bit of a big step expectation, not too different to on Palmer really.

I am going to maintain that I think we will sign another attacking player right tilm the last day. But I do admit between that position and Ake's, that is one I think is much less of a priority or risk, with what else we have in the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.