It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

The media will just keep moving the goal posts anyway. The whole net spend thing is to create a narrative around the plucky bin dipping underdogs who, as Pep rightly notes, are being pushed in our faces at every available opportunity. If City somehow had a lower net spend than those cunts, you can bet the media would move on to another narrative.

We'll always be accused of buying success, regardless of how much we actually spend relative to the competition, so may as well go all in. Haaland + another 100M of signings please and thank you.
The thing the media conveniently ignore when they go on about net spend is that Liverpool's current squad cost over 600 million pounds which is not much less than ours.

That's what Klopp has to work with this season, a measly 600 million pounds worth of players.

How on earth is he managing compete?

Do fans really think that if Silva doesn’t want to go we would let him go to get fdj?

If so seems some fans not been taking note over the last 10/12 years.

I swear I have read that same shit in a non-sarcastic way from regular posters around here before. You got me!

I don't doubt it.

If you go to Anfield you'll see the net spend trophy next to a couple of candles and a picture of Coutinho. Apparently they have a few European Cups as well but they don't like to talk about them.

I’m not sure I understand the De Jong links. I know he can cover as a 6 but his best position is an 8.

In the 8 positions we already have DeBruyne, Silva and Gundogan alongside Foden and Grealish who are natural 8s in my opinion.

As well as a 6, I think the wide forward positions are where we are short.
We’ve got Sterling whose form has been varied for a couple of years and in the last year of his contract and Mahrez who turns 32 next season as our only genuine first team wide players. That leaves Grealish who has failed in the wide left position this year, Alvarez who is a gamble – if he comes good it will be a bonus imo, Foden who will hopefully be playing more centrally and Palmer who has loads of potential but a question mark over whether he can step up and be a genuine first team player. Also with the exception of Sterling there is a lack of genuine pace out wide.

We need a left sided wide player with pace and goals that will complement what we have.

Rodri is better than FDJ
As a CDM agreed, but I'm still at a complete loss as to why some see FDJ as fern replacement, when he's clearly closer to Gundog in style & stature.)(

Aurélien Tchouaméni is the young, dynamic Fern replacement we should be looking at. He's got the lot, & has age on his side too. If Gundog were to leave this summer too & we were able to do Tchouaméni & De Jong for £120m, plus Haaland, what a window this would be!

We also need a right back, but to be honest the two times I've seen CJ Egan-Riley I've been seriously impressed. RB - Walker/CJER & LB - Cancelo/Zinchenko might be an option worth exploring.

Walker, Zinchenko & Cancelo is essentially all we've had as FB options this season, obviously with Aké too.

Because we have Rodri we won't sign another 5. Think it will be a player that can play as a 6 or and 8. FDJ could definitely do both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.