It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Dont think so Alvarez for Jesus, Palmer for Torres.Torres not that high profile that he cant be replaced from the academy
Why are you replacing a player that hasn’t left us and we don’t know he will, despite what the media pushes?

I think Alvarez replaces Sterling or Jesus or possibly even Mahrez. City briefed when Torres left that Palmer would step up, his injuries put paid to those plans.
Alvarez will be used sparingly like Torres on his first season until he settles in. Palmer knows the league, the club, the system…

Alvarez will be used sparingly like Torres on his first season until he settles in. Palmer knows the league, the club, the system…

Jesus was used pretty regularly when he came from South America, and he was 2 years younger than Alvarez. I think the reason Torres was used so sparingly was because he wasn’t actually that good.

Jesus was used pretty regularly when he came from South America, and he was 2 years younger than Alvarez. I think the reason Torres was used so sparingly was because he wasn’t actually that good.
Pep rates Torres (I do too). I think Jesus played something like ten games and mostly because he immediately responded. I actually think him being younger worked in his favor. Alvarez will need to respond to each chance while learning the system and will also have competition. At his age, a player with his potential almost always has already been in Europe for awhile. From watching him a lot, I suspect he will take time to settle

I think Mahrez can do it for another 3-4 years. A really good squad option. Technically superb. Winning mentality. Never injured. If we have to lose a forward to make some space and/or refresh, Sterling > Jesus > Mahrez in that order.

Remember we’ve been running with a squad of max 17 senior outfield players all season. Next season 15 outfield players can play in a single game with the 5 subs. Genuinely think our numbers need to go +4 this summer minimum to allow us back to fighting on all 4 fronts and not have to give up a competition just because of a couple of badly timed injuries.

Alvarez
Haaland
+2 more (more if we sell)

Theres so much more life in this window yet

Dont think so Alvarez for Jesus, Palmer for Torres.Torres not that high profile that he cant be replaced from the academy

I put down a gentleman's bet that Palmer won't be a first team player next season. You and one or two more keep suggesting he could replace various seniour players. He hasn't featured at all since Torres left, won't be replacing mahrez either, or jesus, or any of them. He may get the odd few minutes in games won and cup runs, but not a regular member of the squad that gets relied on.

That said, I really hope we can find one more appearence for him in the last 3 games after one is convincingly won, so that he qualifies for a winners medal should we finish as champions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.