It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

They'd prefer to sell him to United or Chelsea or Bayern or Barcelona or Juventus..., not to (Madrid and) City, though. They must be absolutely desperate to get rid in order to think, 'well, it makes sense to sell to City, even if he wins them CLs and makes them look like the more successful project'.

They may want to sell Neymar, but I doubt they are absolutely desperate to the extent that they don't care about the implications for their ambitions in the CL and their standing in comparison to City. From their perspective, we are the least preferable destination for Neymar (if he still is as good as we believe).

Time will tell.
I think that's nonsense to be honest. I can't imagine Neymar signing for Bayern going on to win the CL and PSG thinking well at least it isn't City.

I think that's nonsense to be honest. I can't imagine Neymar signing for Bayern going on to win the CL and PSG thinking well at least it isn't City.

You are a bit naive then. Read a bit more about our owners and their owners, and try to understand how both clubs view each other. Of course, they'd prefer Bayern or Chelsea to win the CL ahead of us. A Lewandowski-less Bayern and a Chelsea team in transition are hopefully (!) not on the level of Pep and Haaland City. You are conflating different aspects and levels.

You are a bit naive then. Read a bit more about our owners and their owners, and try to understand how both clubs view each other. Of course, they'd prefer Bayern or Chelsea to win the CL ahead of us. A Lewandowski-less Bayern and a Chelsea team in transition are not on the level of Pep and Haaland City anyway. You are conflating different aspects and levels.
Sounds juicy send me the quotes.

Looks like barca have agreed deal for Lewandowski and Kounde close also. I'm sorry but how the fudk do they have the money to do these deals plus raphina. But, also worried me that the narrative behind barca having the money to do the bernardo deal if Frenkie leaves looks possible- considering they are buying these 3 players without selling him.
Maybe I don't understand the intricacies of finances but Barca's maneuvering in the market makes 0 logic to me.

They need to sell FDJ cuz they are skint. They had to sell their TV rights to tide them over the present. They deferred wage payments not just to FDJ apparently but to the rest of the Barca players too.
Yet somehow, in the same breath, they are signing players like Lewandowski and Raphinha, like money's not really an issue.
Wouldn't it be better if they forgo such signings to alleviate their financial issues?

Just feels like Barca is unable to accept they are no longer the club they once was. Sure, maybe in name they can attract star players but they no longer have the financial muscle to compete with the others.

Maybe I don't understand the intricacies of finances but Barca's maneuvering in the market makes 0 logic to me.

They need to sell FDJ cuz they are skint. They had to sell their TV rights to tide them over the present. They deferred wage payments not just to FDJ apparently but to the rest of the Barca players too.
Yet somehow, in the same breath, they are signing players like Lewandowski and Raphinha, like money's not really an issue.
Wouldn't it be better if they forgo such signings to alleviate their financial issues?

Just feels like Barca is unable to accept they are no longer the club they once was. Sure, maybe in name they can attract star players but they no longer have the financial muscle to compete with the others.
Politics. They elect their club presidents so short term popularity will always win over long term probity and prudence. Hence Laporta has decided to gamble, mortgaged their future in the hopes of one last death rattle

Well, with them signing Lewandowski, Raphinha & Kounde, its quite obvious they are not selling FDJ because they are skint. They could easily afford to keep him and not just sign them other players. They just dont think he is worth the money and would prefer to spend them on someone else, so they try to force him out:)

Well, with them signing Lewandowski, Raphinha & Kounde, its quite obvious they are not selling FDJ because they are skint. They could easily afford to keep him and not just sign them other players. They just dont think he is worth the money and would prefer to spend them on someone else, so they try to force him out:)
If they can sell off more assets for quick cash, they can make this season work.. knowing barca they'll prob do that and claim everythign is fine.

Look forward to Soriano rocking up in 2025 and adding them to the CFG for 25m

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.