It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Maybe I don't understand the intricacies of finances but Barca's maneuvering in the market makes 0 logic to me.

They need to sell FDJ cuz they are skint. They had to sell their TV rights to tide them over the present. They deferred wage payments not just to FDJ apparently but to the rest of the Barca players too.
Yet somehow, in the same breath, they are signing players like Lewandowski and Raphinha, like money's not really an issue.
Wouldn't it be better if they forgo such signings to alleviate their financial issues?

Just feels like Barca is unable to accept they are no longer the club they once was. Sure, maybe in name they can attract star players but they no longer have the financial muscle to compete with the others.
I still find it strange that FFP does not require that you pay your staff what you are contractually obliged to do? Alas I am a FOC and nothing makes sense in the world any more!

Maybe I don't understand the intricacies of finances but Barca's maneuvering in the market makes 0 logic to me.

They need to sell FDJ cuz they are skint. They had to sell their TV rights to tide them over the present. They deferred wage payments not just to FDJ apparently but to the rest of the Barca players too.
Yet somehow, in the same breath, they are signing players like Lewandowski and Raphinha, like money's not really an issue.
Wouldn't it be better if they forgo such signings to alleviate their financial issues?

Just feels like Barca is unable to accept they are no longer the club they once was. Sure, maybe in name they can attract star players but they no longer have the financial muscle to compete with the others.
They earn more revenue than City, so I don't think you can write them off just yet.

Their problems are debt, a huge wage bill, and covid. But probably the most impact has been the rules that La Liga brought in which meant that they had to reduce their wage bill by a ridiculous amount.

Mortgaging off part of their future tv rights, rather than taking a couple of years to reset, is foolish, but they normally generate so much revenue (in the last full pre-Covid year, they earned €840m compared to our €610) that they'd still be able to compete at the very top.

If anything, I wonder if realising that players still want to come to them when they're not able to pay the very highest wages, will be a bit of a wake up call, and they'll start to get more value for money.

Guys, Barca aren't skint they've raised about €600m in revenue by extremely riskily selling their rights and essentially gambling on their future. They have loads of debt but are "cash rich" at this present moment, albeit with huge liabilities.

Fees aren't the issue for them at this present time, the problem they have with players salaries is they have to come under a cap to meet la liga rules which is why they're signing £100-150k salary players and trying to move on £400-500k players like FDJ.

Massively risky strategy but, to my understanding, that's the financials behind it

Guys, Barca aren't skint they've raised about €600m in revenue by extremely riskily selling their rights and essentially gambling on their future.

Fees aren't the issue for them at this present time, the problem they have with players salaries is they have to come under a cap to meet la liga rules which is why they're signing £100-150k salary players and trying to move on £400-500k players like FDJ.

Massively risky strategy but, to my understanding, that's the financials behind it
Who’s wages have they actually lost ? Before signing Raphinia etc what do there ins and outs look like

Who’s wages have they actually lost ? Before signing Raphinia etc what do there ins and outs look like
Alves is gone, aguero, coutinho, they need rid of FDJ to be able to register the new signings from what I've read.

I'm unsure what the implications of the FDJ back-pay are though with regard to their wage bill for this season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.