It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

So what you’re saying is - if politicians and our media lie to us constantly, we should just give up and open ourselves up to believing any old lies anyone tells us.

If anything, in a post-truth world we should all be trying to hone our capacities of reason, interrogation and logical deduction, equipping us to make our own judgements based on facts and evidence without having to rely on hysteria and hyperbole - rather than abandoning all our faculties and accepting any old crap we read on the internet!
Congratulations on reading that into my post, lol.

I completely agree. We all need to do our own research and be discerning.

I fear 9320 got too excited.
Live by the sword, die by the sword
Seems that way.. he got most of the things right this season. Seems some basic enquiry was made or just the name came up then management and pep said no. that was it.

Wasn't it 9320 who also said that Pep had agreed an extension and it would be announced soon? Only for it to be revealed just a couple of days later (from Pep's own mouth), that he would decide at the end of the 2022/2023 season.

I've been browsing this forum since 2011. And in my experience you should take what "ITK's" say with a pinch of salt.

Of course but you have to be realistic. It’s pretty obvious that covid and Russia’s invasion of Ukraine aren’t hoaxes using actors, Le Tissier is just making a bellend of himself saying that.

Politicians are generally lying twats only interested in themselves but those kind of things are too big and obvious to fabricate.
I don’t think anybody in their right minds thinks Covid isn’t real, or the Russian invasion of Ukraine. The argument is that the events have been manufactured for a particular outcome.

I‘m not getting into it on here and hijacking a thread. The original point was that when people smell something off with the way the world works, some weird and wacky conspiracies come along. There’s a dearth of truth. Everybody else’s opinions are just as valid as yours a mine, because nobody knows. Where there’s a vacuum of truth, there’s a legion of Matt Le Tissier’s who’ll try to fill it for you.

Anything new?? I love all the speculation and “discussion”.. any update from 93:20 , Mattyb, or Tolm? Couple of music vids for us to contemplate in the heat lol .

I think he looked impressive last season, but remember he's only started two competitive games against top flight competition (3 if you include the Community Shield, and just two more starts against lower tier opponents).

We're likely to give him the benefit of the doubt while watching, and he comes into the side with the "no fear" attitude of a teenager. It's no coincidence that young players often score in their early games, as the thrill of scoring those first goals much outweighs the risk of missing, and they're still likely focussed more on their own game, than fitting into the team.

Foden played a lot of games where he looked amazing at times, but also would regularly look a little lost amongst the older pros on both sides. I really hope Palmer absolutely explodes onto the scene this season, but I think we need to give him time, and not get our hopes up quite yet.
For me he just has that je ne sais quoi. Always has time on the ball & everything looks ‘easy’

Agree about giving him time. He’s a baby in the pro game but duck to water springs to mind

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.