It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

We have to get another winger. We let Jesus & Sterling go, Palmer can't replace both of them ffs.
We have the smallest squad in PL as of now in a season where 5 subs will be allowed.
We are actually finished because we basically sold our depth for no reason.
Why would we end a Summer transfer window on a net positive after winning PL again?? Who are we trying to please, people who will never respect us anyways?
If you think "we are actually finished" I don't think football is for you pal. Find something else

We have to get another winger. We let Jesus & Sterling go, Palmer can't replace both of them ffs.
We have the smallest squad in PL as of now in a season where 5 subs will be allowed.
Why would we end a Summer transfer window on a net positive after winning PL again?? Who are we trying to please, people who will never respect us anyways?
8A258554-A3AD-44F8-A050-A612AC392B83.jpeg

Ffs we let two wingers go and brought in 2 strikers. We had way too many wingers and not enough forward. This is a necessary correction and it's a lot better now. We don't need a forward.

It’s fun!

As long as we sign players that improve us ✅
And those fucking scum rags don’t get anyone world class

The transfer speculation is fun, wading through hundreds of pages of people rambling about ITKs, how every journalist is a chancer, Flappers™ and all that other shite just gets more and more boring each year.

Wish I was smart enough to filter out all the comments containing certain words.

If you think "we are actually finished" I don't think football is for you pal. Find something else
Not sure you can say this considering you can't predict the future meanwhile I'm looking from a realistic point, when was reducing a squad size ever a good idea?

Transfer window should be for 1 week

3 months of speculation is too much
Fuck that, do it for 3 hours. That’s plenty of time to get all the deals lined up. Doesn’t take 3 hours to sign a document does it?

In fact 3 hours is probably too long. If we fuck the negotiations off with the clubs & players, could probably get it down to 3 minutes

Fair enough, you are right, mendy's place did drop off and we went with 20 out of 21. We are still currently on 19, and that won't change if Zinchenko is replaced by Cucurella, so one more would still need signed to get us back to the same number as last season, which was already smaller than typical. Palmer is the same as last season, in both number and status.

I'm not arguing what I think the club should or shouldn't do, or will or won't. Just that if we are to match last season's squad as you say, even with a missing mendy, 1 player needs to come in with nobody leaving, or 2 in when Zinch leaves. Otherwise, it is a smaller squad.

Ederson, Ortega, Carson
Walker, Cancelo, Cucurella(?)
Dias, Laporte, Stones, Ake
Rodri, KDB, Bernardo, Phillips, Gundo
Foden, Mahrez, Grealish
Haaland, Alvarez
20, plus McAtee, Palmer, Delap

Allison, Kellegher, Adrian
Arnold, Robertson, Tsmikas
VVD, Konate, Matip, Gomes
Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson, Milner, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain (sold?), Jones
Nunes, Salah, Dias, Jota, Firminio
22, plus Elliot, Carvalho, Ramsey

Mendy, Kepa, Betinelli
James, Chilwell, Emerson, Alonso, Azpilicueta*
Koulibaly, Silva, Chalobah, Sarr, New CB**
Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Loftus-Cheek, Gilmour
Sterling, Pulisic, Mount, Hudson-Odoi
Havertz, Werner*, Broja*
25 but Azpilicueta, Alonso, Broja are all likely to move, also they could sell Werner (ziyech move to Milan is almost done)...so really its 22 and they haven't really got any youth on the fringes (if you don't include Broja/Gallagher who I named above)

So really, the two biggest domestic rivals we had last year have a core squad of 22, whereas we currently have 20...so the difference eisnt massive especially when you consider Oxlade-Chamberlain, Milner, Loftus-Cheek, Emerson, Hudson-Odoi aren't even close to the level of our back-up

A new winger wouldn't go amiss don't get me wrong, but it's not that bad

Are you actually talking to yourself? :)
To you. You basically said subbing our best players only with academy players is better than subbing them with a proven players. You don't win titles with academy players as your only subs, we struggled massively even when we replaced our best XI with Zinchenko, Sterling and Gundogan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.