It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Do you think we will start the season with 3 dedicated full backs or 4?

Im not saying it definitely won’t be 3 but to me it’s a risk given that we started last season with 4 and this season is bonkers.

I think we will go with 4. Even if 1 of them is Kabore (who isn't a youth/academy player). Not sure if Yan Couto qualifies for a work permit or what the plan is for him, last I read he wanted out permanently, no more loans.

I always thought Cucurella or another LB was coming in to be the 4th, but with Zinchenko leaving, it is either sign one more at either LB or RB, use Kabore at RB, or go in with 3, which I feel is least likely. There is quality and flexibility there without doubt, but it is light as fuck to challenge all season. Particularly if we are already a body down in the squad elsewhere. Let's see how it goes.

I think we will go with 4. Even if 1 of them is Kabore (who isn't a youth/academy player). Not sure if Yan Couto qualifies for a work permit or what the plan is for him, last I read he wanted out permanently, no more loans.

I always thought Cucurella or another LB was coming in to be the 4th, but with Zinchenko leaving, it is either sign one more at either LB or RB, use Kabore at RB, or go in with 3, which I feel is least likely. There is quality and flexibility there without doubt, but it is light as fuck to challenge all season. Particularly if we are already a body down in the squad elsewhere. Let's see how it goes.
Yeah I thought for ages that if we were going to get another full back it would be on the right but I get the idea to go with orthodox defenders to cross first time for Haaland and that means Cancelo going back over to the right to help Walker and 2 lefties on the other side.

For that to happen, we would need to sign 2 players. 3 if Zinchenko leaves.

We will either not sign a second FB and/or another attacking player, and we will go in with a smaller squad with a couple spaces for registered players, or we will sign a couple more and have the same sized squad. It can't both.

As it stands, we are on course to go in with 19 registered players, even once a new LB replaces Zinchenko.

Tell you what, If we do, I would hope we give the spaces to players like Kayky so they get enough to qualify as club trained for the future, rather than sending them out on loan which would prevent that.
Only if you count Mendy last season. Discounting Mendy and HG/ u21 Last season we had 20 think we will this season too by the end of the window.

We have to get another winger. We let Jesus & Sterling go, Palmer can't replace both of them ffs.
We have the smallest squad in PL as of now in a season where 5 subs will be allowed.
We are actually finished because we basically sold our depth for no reason.
Why would we end a Summer transfer window on a net positive after winning PL again?? Who are we trying to please, people who will never respect us anyways?

‘Actually finished’?

Get a grip of yourself mate - if you think selling Sterling, Gabby and Zin means our era of success is in any way over, then you’re even more ridiculous than you sound!

We have to get another winger. We let Jesus & Sterling go, Palmer can't replace both of them ffs.
We have the smallest squad in PL as of now in a season where 5 subs will be allowed.
Why would we end a Summer transfer window on a net positive after winning PL again?? Who are we trying to please, people who will never respect us anyways?
Do you flap like this in all aspects of your life or just when it comes to football ?

spongebob-patrick.gif

Real had nacho, vallejo, ceballos, lucas and mariano in their squad last season. Having mcatee and palmer on the bench won't affect us much we have haaland, alvarez, Mahrez, foden, silva and grealish ahead of them.
It will affect us and we nearly blew the league because of it and missed out on everything else because of no proper depth

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.