It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

There are some questions I’ve always wanted to ask but not done so till now.

Who gave the individuals who post what they hear in good faith the label ITK?

Why are people so hung up about the label itself?

Have these individuals themselves ever called themselves or claimed the label?

Who tf came up with tiers (I’ve seen this a couple of times with reference to ITKs) and such?

Why do people get so irate over things they post in good faith when whatever was said didn’t materialise?

A mixture of some people being jealous of the attention and others trying to convince themselves that they're more switched on than everyone else.

Almost everyone who keeps an eye on the info posted takes it with a massive pinch of salt, for obvious reasons.

Then, when the info turns out to be wrong, you get one or two thick twats coming out of the woodwork calling everyone else thick twats for believing it. They can't differentiate between people taking rumours as gospel talking about possibilities and if the gossip is true.

Then you've just got the weirdos who seem to think that calling every source of information on the planet bollocks constitutes critical thinking.

What, to some financial trap door leading to insolvency
Future rights to a Barca superhero movie and toy franchise £400m. Naming rights to the bathrooms. £200m.

All kidding aside, they get a lot of stick but after the last lot ran them into the ground with a series of the worst transfer deals in history, and then COVID struck, they don't have a lot of alternatives. My judgement of Laporta's efforts since his return rest on something I don't know - I am assuming Laporta was stuck with Koeman and his signings almosts as a fait accompli, too far down the road by the time he assumed the presidency to simply walk away from without incurring large penalties and other costs.

They need to stabilise costs but also need to remain in the CL and keep some excitement going whilst addressing the need to rebuild whilst they bring through the current crop of absurdly talented midfielders.

If they just wanted money, they could sell Pedri and Gavi and another for a couple hundred mill. But they won't, because they are the irreplacable bit of Barca's plan for the future. In ten years time, they could be as big as Xavi, Iniesta. And that's the continuation of the story of the 'Barca' name - the rights to which is what they are mortgaging at present.

Dropping out of the CL is unimaginable. They simply could not afford to get back in. Possibly would not be able to keep the young players, who could run out their contracts.

As a few of us here have mentioned, the last time we had this many changes to the squad, we went and smashed 100 points. If that's not a cause for excitement, not sure what is.

Incidentally, that was also the only time we consciously went into the season with 3FBs, which turned out to be a bit of a stupid thing when Mendy hobbled off for the season. And I know I know, we won the league with a DMF amd AM playing LB, but on the other hand, bit of a shame wasting the momentum of one of the best squads ever assembled on this island.
That season a Yorkshire lad, defensive mid stepped in at LB. Is this the real reason we bought Phillips?

Future rights to a Barca superhero movie and toy franchise £400m. Naming rights to the bathrooms. £200m.

All kidding aside, they get a lot of stick but after the last lot ran them into the ground with a series of the worst transfer deals in history, and then COVID struck, they don't have a lot of alternatives. My judgement of Laporta's efforts since his return rest on something I don't know - I am assuming Laporta was stuck with Koeman and his signings almosts as a fait accompli, too far down the road by the time he assumed the presidency to simply walk away from without incurring large penalties and other costs.

They need to stabilise costs but also need to remain in the CL and keep some excitement going whilst addressing the need to rebuild whilst they bring through the current crop of absurdly talented midfielders.

If they just wanted money, they could sell Pedri and Gavi and another for a couple hundred mill. But they won't, because they are the irreplacable bit of Barca's plan for the future. In ten years time, they could be as big as Xavi, Iniesta. And that's the continuation of the story of the 'Barca' name - the rights to which is what they are mortgaging at present.

Dropping out of the CL is unimaginable. They simply could not afford to get back in. Possibly would not be able to keep the young players, who could run out their contracts.
Thanks for the explanation bud

His cameo against Atleti at Wanda metropolitano was enough for me to assert that he's really the best resolute defender we have.

Dias was so mid last season probably because of the couple of hamstring injuries he had

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.