It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Hope delap doesn't go to Burnley.
I think kompany is going to struggle there and was a very bad move for him with losing loads of their better players.
Can't see them finishing top 10 next season.

Kompany doesn't give a fuck, back then he moving to struggling anderlect as his first managerial career. Why move to Burnley will be any different?, he know full damn well the move will take a risk losing his reputation if failed and yet he took the damn job anyway.

You gotta respect the man for not taking the easy way

you want us to "take a punt" on a washed up has been player who wouldn't get into our eds because hes cheap ? why would we , if we did would it satisfy your need for a shiny new toy ?
I'm not sure its that bad of a suggestion that we bring in an experienced back-up LB for a cheap price who has played 40 times for Argentina and at one point was a highly touted fullback, still only 29.

Regardless of whether you agree though- I'm not sure there was any need for the last sentence. It's condescending and makes out like I'm some idiot attracted to just any transfers and that im a lesser fan in some way like transfers drive my excitment about city and not the team. This forum is for sharing opinions/thoughts no need to try and make things personal and judge 'my needs'.

When two words are combined to form an adjective, you typically stick a hyphen between them for clarity.

You are quite right. However, rearranging the sentence and dropping the hyphen we end up with something like "the replay is full match"; which, as far as I understand the rules, would also be correct, if "full-match replay" constitutes proper English. I don't like it.

When two words are combined to form an adjective, you typically stick a hyphen between them for clarity.
When it's a modifier of the noun, yes. I don't really consider that an appropriate use of that rule in this case, but I suppose it could be argued. Thanks for the English lesson, though.

EDIT: What Diamond Geezer said.

Does this say he's 90% close to joining City? If so how? We don't want 5 centre half's- is one CB still leaving?
I thought all the Torres talk was because of Ake but you never know someone might be in for Laporte, Juve? It’s been reported before.

Or this is a massive plan b with Ake at LB for a year, or as usual and I suspect a load of tosh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.