It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

The way to answer this is by a very simple question.

How many teams would have preferred Cancelo as their first choice LB than the one that they fielded.

My opinion is, and this is debatable, one (Liverpool).
I am not sure I follow what you are saying here? It reads that liverpool would prefer Cancelo as their left back but the other 18 teams wouldn’t?

if the cucurella deal will be off i'd really rather it to be off early, to leave us time to settle a different LB. Raum is close to joining Leipzig and Kostic is probably going to west ham
Kostic is a pure left winger, not even wingback.
I guess you mean Sosa, but I follow Stuttgart regularly and I really don't see him at City.

That's the problem: not much quality around for LB. Cucu's the deal and we are just dancing a bit around the fee.

If we sign Cucurella, Cancelo will not be the first choice left back.

Only if Cancelo is the first choice RB then.

If we were signing Cucu to be our first choice LB, we would have signed him ages ago. Arguably, Txiki and Pep see him as a good option to rotate, not as the best LB in the world. 50m would be cheap for us if we considered him better than Cancelo. We sold players for 233m this calendar year. Signing a better LB than the PFA left back of the season would be good business at 50m or even more.

Cancelo will be our 1st choice FB next year, left or right.

Who was then?

Probably the palace lad. He was top class.

As a player, cancelo is amazing. But at left back we lost something at LW in our build up.

He also completely fell off a cliff by early April and was poor.

I prefer him rotating with walker at Rb. Both have very different strengths and the 5 subs would help keep both fresh next season.

Only if Cancelo is the first choice RB then.

If we were signing Cucu to be our first choice LB, we would have signed him ages ago. Arguably, Txiki and Pep see him as a good option to rotate, not as the best LB in the world. 50m would be cheap for us if we considered him better than Cancelo. We sold players for 233m this calendar year. Signing a better LB than the PFA left back of the season would be good business at 50m or even more.

Cancelo will be our 1st choice FB next year, left or right.
Yup, Cancelo is clearly still the main option which is why we are not going all out for cucurella. If the people at the club felt he was the next best thing and a guaranteed starter, then 50m is a bargain. Cucurella coming would obviously push him to be better but I doubt he would bench him.

Yup, Cancelo is clearly still the main option which is why we are not going all out for cucurella. If the people at the club felt he was the next best thing and a guaranteed starter, then 50m is a bargain. Cucurella coming would obviously push him to be better but I doubt he would bench him.
Surely it's not about 'benching'. Cancelo is a powerhouse and played more than most PL keepers incl Eddie. He was quite worn out when the big matches came up in April.
Zinnie did play WAY too less for a reason: more than good enough vs poorer sides, defensively below par vs top sides.
Cucurella would give Cancelo the necessary cover to have them both fresh and fit come the big matches in spring.

Probably the palace lad. He was top class.
Lol, it is all about opinions at the end of the day.

I personally doubt Cucurella is coming in as a guaranteed starter which is why city don’t want to pay top money and have other options. Cucurella or whoever we sign can obviously still be starters if they perform better than their competition, but Cancelo is the main man for now.

Cancelo proved himself to be the best left back in the league last season. Kyle walker is indispensable against any team that poses a pacy threat upfront. Which one of those will change by signing Cucurella?
Cancelo did ok for us at leftback, but his performances had dropped off way before the end of the season.
He was prone to giving the ball away to easily ,stupid tackles giving freekicks away in dangerous areas .
Good player but needs to work on his stamina for a full season.

Cucu would be a great oprion to rotate Cancelo and Walker next season. Given his and Walker's age, Cucu might become our main LB. But not straightaway.

As I see it, might be wrong of course, Cancelo and Walker will be first choice in the big games next season. Against weaker teams, Cancelo on the right and Cucu on the left might be the better choice, for we wouldn't need Walker's defensive qualities to the same extent.

Think Cancelo is our most valuable defensive player FOR Pep, because he is great in different positions and utterly fit. If Pep had to choose one defensive player to stay fit next season, it would be Cancelo, imo. A bad injury to him and we are fucked, given that his injury record is far superior to Walker's or Stones'.

Surely it's not about 'benching'. Cancelo is a powerhouse and played more than most PL keepers incl Eddie. He was quite worn out when the big matches came up in April.
Zinnie did play WAY too less for a reason: more than good enough vs poorer sides, defensively below par vs top sides.
Cucurella would give Cancelo the necessary cover to have them both fresh and fit come the big matches in spring.
I agree, it is for competition and cucurella would massively improve our squad.

He can actually be the main man for leftback, if he adds more balance and performs week in week out. I was just saying he won’t bench cancelo from the beginning because some people were saying Cancelo won’t be the starting left back for us which I think is false.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.