It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I personally don’t think whether pep thinks JWE is ready or not is relevant. We will still need a full back imo. If we signed cucurella JWE would get minutes in the league cup and early fa cup rounds. He is very raw and after last season I really don’t want us going into next season with Walker and cancelo as the only 2 senior full back options. Whilst JWE played well yesterday there was times he was out of position and his inexperience showed.

3 senior full backs and JWE as a promising young player getting minutes in cup games etc would be ideal imo especially with the condensed fixture list next year
I think players like Wilson Esbrand really need to go on loan
Playing every week he will be some player
Same for delap
So many of these players are excellent nhs just need to keep developing

Wan Bissaka was coached by Ole.

I'll just leave it there
A player has to have natural ability to do something, Ole is irrelevant, Wan Bissaka is incapable of going forward and having offensive output, a coach can only do so much.

I am beginning to feel that I would rather get Sosa for £20m than Cucu for £50m.
Sosa injury record just really concerns me. Cucurella is absolutely brilliant defensively as well but so long as we get a lb I won’t complain

I personally don’t think whether pep thinks JWE is ready or not is relevant. We will still need a full back
imo.

It's relevant wrt the type of a LB we need. If Pep and Txiki regard JWE as a big talent and a potential 50m FB, it's pointless to pay 50m for Cucu. We may be happy with a cheap option such as Sosa who wouldn't block JWE's development.

Not convinced by the Sosa links. I think Pep probably prefers no new signings over another Angelino type. We know Pep didn't fancy Angelino. Being able to cross and get up and down the wing is not enough to play in Pep's system.

If City get Sosa, i'd imagine it's because they see something else other than just a wing-back who can cross.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.