It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Don't need an extra full back along with Cucurella (or alternative) Josh Wilson-Esbrand looks like he can step in if required.
Made me smile that Wilson-Esbrand and Rico Lewis look like gems and are from our academy. A left back and right back with such a promising future. Very excited, I hope they both make it at our club.

It's hard to see this deal will be done with buyback clause, because they (Southampton) want to maximise Delap selling potential within two year if he become world class.

If buyback clause still insisted being inserted then Southampton will be no under obligation playing him regulary in his first season, they will wait until his buyback clause expired playing him in here and there harming his development. I bet if buy back option didn't exist they will try to play him regulary to raise his selling potential to the max.
"If buyback clause still insisted being inserted then Southampton will be no under obligation playing"

What a load of crap, the more successful Delap is , the greater his value, clubs like Southampton will always have to sell their best players.

"If buyback clause still insisted being inserted then Southampton will be no under obligation playing"

What a load of crap, the more successful Delap is , the greater his value, clubs like Southampton will always have to sell their best players.

His value will be hampered by that said cheap buyback clause by us, if buyback didn't exist he will be 100m or more player. Southampton will not fear that city will try buyback him cheaply in range of 60m if he become worldclass within 2 years frame, he will be easily 100m or more selling him to the highest bidder

His value will be hampered by that said cheap buyback clause by us, if buyback didn't exist he will be 100m or more player. Southampton will not fear that city will try buyback him cheaply in range of 60m if he become worldclass within 2 years frame, he will be easily 100m or more selling him to the highest bidder
They will still make a huge profit if he is successful so your point is incorrect.

If Delap played that well to be considered a £60-£100m player, I think they’d be more than happy, buy-back or not.

They will still make a huge profit if he is successful so your point is incorrect.

Not huge enough, you can't see the reason of why Southampton first bid didn't include Buyback option to entice City to sell delap to them?.

Because they know they can make huge profit with him and that's why they will try hard to bring Delap to them without including buyback option. They will fail ofc because City stance will clear of this they will not let highly rated academy player like Delap without inserting buyback option.

Unless ofc City is willing to pay around 80m as buyback option then i think Southampton will be more receptive on buyback option for Delap

Not huge enough, you can't see the reason of why Southampton first bid didn't include Buyback option to entice City to sell delap to them?.

Because they know they can make huge profit with him and that's why they will try hard to bring Delap to them without including buyback option. They will fail ofc because City stance will clear of this they will not let highly rated academy player like Delap without inserting buyback option.

Unless ofc City is willing to pay around 80m as buyback option then i think Southampton will be more receptive on buyback option for Delap
They could make a huge profit if he is successful or they could make a huge loss if his injury issues return.

A buy back option for us is a no brainer, it does not mean we think he will ever come back, it's just a sensible if he becomes a top level player.

They could make a huge profit if he is successful or they could make a huge loss if his injury issues return.

A buy back option for us is a no brainer, it does not mean we think he will ever come back, it's just a sensible if he becomes a top level player.

Rather see Delap loaned to Championship tbh maybe to Burnley?

See how he fares there in season long loan after that will depends on how form he got for season playing championship club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.