It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Why does it take so long to come back with another bid?. Surely if 30m is rejected, can't we come back straight away with 40m plus add ons, then if that is rejected, 45m plus add ons etc etc. Could be done in minutes, unless it all boils down to the classic phrase of 'preparing a bid' pmsl
I think we need to call in Phil Spencer and Kirsty Alsopp
They get a deal done in a matter of minutes.
2 phone calls, the deal done and Phil is down the pub smiling at the end of the evening.

50+m with nobody knowing what the + is supposed to involve: 1m, 3m, 5m...

Closer to 40m including add ons won't do.

Because we want the transfer to happen, we tend to dismiss the noises coming from Brighton as mere and inconsequential postering. That's a mistake, imo. My guess is that a deal won't be done unless we offer 45m + add ons. And it's not clear whether we'll go that high.
Thats still just speculation on your part, how do we know if the asking price is £35m+,40m+ or 45m+. Where has Bloom said he wants £50m+. A lot of clickbait revenue chasers have probably quoted that this is the figure & if the fee is 50m+ in the end then everyone will say their made up figures were right.

Why does it take so long to come back with another bid?. Surely if 30m is rejected, can't we come back straight away with 40m plus add ons, then if that is rejected, 45m plus add ons etc etc. Could be done in minutes, unless it all boils down to the classic phrase of 'preparing a bid' pmsl
Is that how you would negotiate?

Something like this?

City - £30m?
Brighton - no
City - ok, £40m then?
Brighton - no
City - fine, £45m or I swear I’m hanging up on you and you’ll never hear from me again…………
Brighton - ………you’re still there, aren’t you?
City - ok, £50m then?

Mate - with respect - if you honestly believe high stakes, complex, multi-million pound negotiations are as simple as buying a barbecue off eBay, then I’d suggest you probably avoid offering the Club your advice on how to close a deal.

They’re not doing too badly on their own this summer.

This sounds like Peter Risdale when he brought Seth Johnson from Derby but it was not about the transfer fee it was the wages ,Johnson and the agent couldn’t believe there luck

Like I say no one knows so how we be miles away from Brighton asking price

Delooney said Phillips would be £60m & we paid £42m
Most people were adamant that Haalands release clause £75m & we paid £51m.
Brighton could reject our new offer in the hope of more but thats not the same as Bloom coming out & saying he wants 50m.

Very much so.

We know they don't need to sell, we know they want the most they can get. The rest is pick a number that makes sense and push it.

We didn't need to sell Torres, we wanted what we thought was a fair amount. Barcelona media speculated 40m, UK media with assumed links to City speculated 60m+. Some fans argued he wad an 80m transfer given his potential and time on contract, some that double his fee is good business, some said take any profit whatsoever.

This could be the same, it is good guesswork, but at the end of the day, is speculation and guesswork all the same.

My guess is 45m.

We don’t employ this bloke, that’s why.

How does it change your day either way? £40m including add ons or £40m not including add ons. Whatever. Ffs get a life. If I was TH I’d actually stop posting in here. The fucking mithering he gets after each post is ridiculous. Just read what he’s put and get on with your day.
I'm actually one here that sticks up for Tolmie all of the time and very rarely add him questions. Not that I should have to explain that to you.

It's a simple question I asked the chap, So why reply to my post, How does it change your day? You could have easily scrolled past the post I have written but instead you decided to be a ****.

Fucking keyboard warrior...I'll tell you one thing you wouldn't be so mouthy in person you little bellend.

"could be done in minutes" is possibly my favourite bluemoon line of all time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.