It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I’m still 200% on the @manimanc train and insisting an investment in a new Cheshire football mansion and a new kichen is saying he stays put for at least a year
He has already left the building in town where my mate lives a couple of floors doen
I'd go as far as saying that players perform at the top level when they are happy and settled. Which says to me Bernardo is happy and settled because he scored some worldies last season and looked on top of the world doing so.

Ok I can accept that then. Delph famously did a solid job too of course.

Buuuut ... then we're a CB down aren't we. Because last season we had 4 CBs and we still needed Ake to play there on several occasions. Now you're saying he's a LB.

So the point still stands that we can't be going into the season with less senior players in the squad but insisting that we have the same strength in depth as we planned for in 21/22. Last season we went in with two in every position across the back, or 8 to cover 4. This season we are going in with 6 to cover the same 4.

Less is not more, less is not equal, less is less.

If you want to argue that you think that's enough, by all means go ahead. Maybe it will be but I think we definitely need a LB to compete on all fronts this season.
Are you arguing with someone else? I was simply pointing out that Ake wasn't really a stand in - he's not first choice in any position, but is a very solid backup at either CB or LB :)

I think we need one LB, and we then have 7 senior players for the 8 positions, and Josh Wilson-Esbrand for emergency backup at LB, and Phillips at CB (again he's played there for a season early in his career, and has stepped in regularly since). That's more than enough.

If we get Cucurella (or someone of a similar level), then we'd have 7 players who will expect to play regularly. If you divide the minutes of 60 games by 7 players, then you have around 3000 minutes, even without JWE and Phillips. Last season Cancelo played 4600 mins, Laporte 3750, and Dias 3300 from fewer games. Cancelo needs to play less, but overall it means that we've easily got enough players to cover those games.

So, I'm fine with us buying one LB, and having 7 senior pros + JWE, as we have flexibility throughout the squad.

Tbf he only doing it for his client, ofc agent rule cut and money is big factor for him but if Bernardo himself is adamant to want stay in City forever then theres nothing else he can do about it.

He will never doing like this if his client is settled with the club and not looking for move.
I remember Yaya and Tevez, and the bother their agents caused. Never say never
These guys get big bucks to be lightning rods, to take the blame
I hope Bernie is smart and tough enough to tell Mendes to Fuck Off for a year

Are you arguing with someone else? I was simply pointing out that Ake wasn't really a stand in :)

I think we need one LB, and we then have 7 senior players for the 8 positions, and Josh Wilson-Esbrand for emergency backup at LB, and Phillips at CB (again he's played there for a season early in his career, and has stepped in regularly since). That's more than enough.

If we get Cucurella (or someone of a similar level), then we'd have 7 players who will expect to play regularly. If you divide the minutes of 60 games by 7 players, then you have around 3000 minutes, even without JWE and Phillips. Last season Cancelo played 4600 mins, Laporte 3750, and Dias 3300 from fewer games. Cancelo needs to play less, but overall it means that we've easily got enough players to cover those games.

So, I'm fine with us buying one LB, and having 7 senior pros + JWE, as we have flexibility throughout the squad.
Plus from what Pep said about JWE and his injuries and if he stayed fit and having a big future makes me think he's happy to have him as a squad member. Back line ; Walker, Dias, Stones & @ rb, Laporte & @ lb, Ake & @ lb, cancelo & @ rb, 1 more, JWE. Phillips emergency cb.

Agents still get a nice wad for contract renewals. Just not as much as with a transfer but I'm sure they'll survive.

You really think Mendes is trying to sell Bernardo behind his back?

Sorry but I am not having that, Bernardo pays his agent and hence should have full control of his career, if he does not, he goes down in my estimation.

Sadly I think Bernardo wants out, let's hope Barca don't raise the money before the window closes.

Are you arguing with someone else? I was simply pointing out that Ake wasn't really a stand in - he's not first choice in any position, but is a very solid backup at either CB or LB :)

Yes, this is exactly what I've been saying hence my mild frustrarion but tbf the chain of posts and replies has gone on for quite a while so I shouldn't have expected you to have read the original one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.