It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Continuing my thoughts from the Cucu thread, I think people like Txiki, Soriano, Pep... have had enough of the smearing campaigns against the club presenting City, and their work respectively, in sport washing terms. The club bosses want to show City mean business and that we can outperform the big clubs even if we don't outspend them. That's why we'll be reluctant to pay big money for a FB this transfer window. And I think that our summer transfer business is changing the perspective on the club, it's been really impressive.

Pep wants Cucu, but I think he supports our strategy. We have several weeks to decide whether to go for yet another 50m FB or to try a cheaper version such as Sosa or Grimaldo or... Given that Kyle is 32, we may opt for Cucu ultimately, who knows, but right now we are reluctant to do it. Not sure we've made a 2nd offer.

Last edited:
there have been a couple fo articles about it....not on the scale of last summer....

We know as fact that he is going around europe trying to sell Ronaldo...he was pictured with him yesterday

the rest is hearsay and what the press want people to believe to create stories.....

Plus, we dont have to sell Bernardo.

1. We dont need the money -we are in profit this transfer window
2. Bernardo already back in training (unlike Ronaldo)
3. Why would Bernardo want to leave? - Just married, happy at city under one of the best managers in the world, paid hansomely and as big a chance of winning anything here than at Barca...more chance in fact. Remember bernardo is Portugese....not a cule or even Spannish
4. He is on recod as saying that he prefers the prem league over the spannish league (due to how its ref'd)
5. He has a contract.....put 85m price tag on him and im not sure Barca could afford it..they are struggling to register players and cant pay the ones they have
6. selling him now would be a stupid move......we have little to no time to replace and despite our accusitions it would see the team weakened

I can see it happening next summer...not this one....as a club we would be stupid to let it happen IF there is any substance to it...and thats a big IF

Him wanting out is the only logical explanation for his agent’s behaviour - Bernado is a clever lad and a multi-millionaire, and so I really can’t imagine him having some sort of subservient relationship with an agent.

Personally, I do think there’s a good chance he will leave in this transfer window. You can ask an unhappy player to stay for a year, or maybe even two. But if a player has asked to leave for three summers in a row, and then a suitable bid comes in, I honestly don’t think you can expect to keep him.

Holding him to his contract would be small-time behaviour on our part (see United and Brighton), and potential signings would think twice about joining if they thought they couldn’t leave if they didn’t settle at the club.

Obviously it all depends on a suitable bid arriving, but if it does I think he’ll be gone, and so we probably are lining up replacements as a contingency.
I can see a major issue with this, being that Barça want Bernado & to pay us in lifetime supplies of paella...

If they match City's valuation & there's time in this window to buy a world class winger (Foden replaces Bernado), it'll happen, but not until then imo.

If not this summer, we face losing Bernado AND Gundogan next summer which doesn't bear thinking about... :-|

Continuing my thoughts from the Cucu thread, I think people like Txiki, Soriano, Pep... have had enough of the smearing campaigns aganst the club presenting Ciry, and respectively their work, in sportwashing terms. The club bosses want to show City mean business and that we can outperform the big clubs even if we don't outspend them. That's why we'll be reluctant to pay big money for a FB this transfer window. And I think that our summet transfer business is changing the perspective on the club, it's been really impressive.

Pep wants Cucu, but I think he supports our strategy. We have several weeks to decide whether to go for yet another 50m FB or to try a cheaper version such as Sosa or Grimaldo or...Given that Kyle is 32, we may opt for Cucu ultimately, who knows, but right now we are reluctant to do it. Not sure we've made a 2nd offer.
we have made a second offer

Continuing my thoughts from the Cucu thread, I think people like Txiki, Soriano, Pep... have had enough of the smearing campaigns aganst the club presenting Ciry, and respectively their work, in sportwashing terms. The club bosses want to show City mean business and that we can outperform the big clubs even if we don't outspend them. That's why we'll be reluctant to pay big money for a FB this transfer window. And I think that our summet transfer business is changing the perspective on the club, it's been really impressive.

Pep wants Cucu, but I think he supports our strategy. We have several weeks to decide whether to go for yet another 50m FB or to try a cheaper version such as Sosa or Grimaldo or...Given that Kyle is 32, we may opt for Cucu ultimately, who knows, but right now we are reluctant to do it. Not sure we've made a 2nd offer.
Or maybe we just have a budget like every other team? :)

It's been busier than normal as the players we've sold have been wanting out, or City were open to a sale for a while, but Covid stalled the market. The team was probably ready for a refresh too - Pep said in the season before last that he was surprised they managed to refresh and go again - but if you keep the manager, you need new faces eventually to spur things on.

As for the budget - we've splashed out on a big money signing with Haaland (when wages/fees etc are taken into account), and renewed a lot of players over the last twelve months, which secures the team for a few years, but would have added to our player costs.

Pep's big splurge in the transfer market was now 5+ years ago, and we paid for that by selling nearly a whole team worth of older/big salary players - it showed up as a big net spend, but was still within budget given all those big name players leaving for free/low fees. Since then, we've worked to a more normal budget - based on a smallish squad with high wages, but have kept a lid on transfer fees.

It's more about the money than the appearance.

Or maybe we just have a budget like every other team? :)

It's been busier than normal as the players we've sold have been wanting out, or City were open to a sale for a while, but Covid stalled the market. The team was probably ready for a refresh too - Pep said in the season before last that he was surprised they managed to refresh and go again - but if you keep the manager, you need new faces eventually to spur things on.

As for the budget - we've splashed out on a big money signing with Haaland (when wages/fees etc are taken into account), and renewed a lot of players over the last twelve months, which secures the team for a few years, but would have added to our player costs.

Pep's big splurge in the transfer market was now 5+ years ago, and we paid for that by selling nearly a whole team worth of older/big salary players - it showed up as a big net spend, but was still within budget given all those big name players leaving for free/low fees. Since then, we've worked to a more normal budget - based on a smallish squad with high wages, but have kept a lid on transfer fees.

It's more about the money than the appearance.

You might be right but remember that we were ready to sign Kane for over 100m after signing Grealish for 100m. It's not only about the money, not at all.

Didn't Pol Ballus more or less end the speculation on the why always me podcast yesterday. No chance Bernardo goes this late.

I think if you keep a player against his wishes for three seasons, then it doesn’t really do the club any favours in the long run. I was perhaps unfair in labelling Brighton’s stance as small time, but I personally think that City are big enough now to deal with a player leaving, if of course our valuation is met. We’ve lost better players than Bernado - much better players actually - and still managed to turn out winning teams.

Whether anyone does put up the money remains to be seen, but if they do then I think he’ll be off.

Would also question whether the agent and player would earn more money by moving away, rather than staying put and signing a new contract. You only have to look at the agents fees City have paid out after key players renewed contracts to get an indication of the sums involved.
I agree with Bernardo but as said before I no longer think the reason for leaving is climate, location etc, for me it's down to hard cash and maybe the wish to play in a less intense league and maybe he wants more recognition (which I can understand).

If he leaves, his agent will get a very nice cut, he will probably get a wage rise and huge signing on fee, all win, win.

He has done it all with us Champions league apart, he has done himself and the club proud, I will be gutted to see him go, by far my favorite player in the team, I just wish he would be honest and come out and tell the truth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.