It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Cancelo last year played more minutes than Ederson.. Plus we have Kyle..

When you have 4 high quality centre backs, they need to be used elsewhere, cause they need time..

So Stones has played well as RB and Ake as LB.. There is Kalvin Phillips - who Pep tried as CB and I guess like Fernandinho he can play RB as well.

JWE also a good talent for future.. You can give him cup games, maybe 1-2 less important CL games

So there are a lot of options..

Right now main issue is -> Bernardo stays or not.. If he goes we might need +1 player, winger or midfielder, it depends how Bernardo will be replaced.. If either Phil or Jack is moved to midfield, then you need winger, otherwise you need direct replacement

If Bernardo stays, we are fully ready..

Just don't understand why City are so fixated on just one name in Cucurella, there's plenty fullbacks on market that fit our profile, why not just quickly sort a deal for them?
My opinion on this is that we target players with particular personality traits as much as football skills. So it's not easy then to have many alternatives.

Wanting your team to address issues or do better given the standards there are currently isn't a bad thing at all, it's lazy to just bundle everyone saying something needs addressing into moaning or spoilt. If this was a case for a position we were already well equipped in, I'd hear that, but we've now sold another option in Zinchenko who could play there and haven't had an out and out left back since 2017. Clearly not just moaning or being spoilt.
Depends who you’re talking about, those who mention what you have, or those that start hammering the club and Txiki etc and act like the world is ending.
My message was aimed at the latter.

When you have 4 high quality centre backs, they need to be used elsewhere, cause they need time..

So Stones has played well as RB and Ake as LB.. There is Kalvin Phillips - who Pep tried as CB and I guess like Fernandinho he can play RB as well.

JWE also a good talent for future.. You can give him cup games, maybe 1-2 less important CL games

Right now main issue is -> Bernardo stays or not.. If he goes we might need +1 player, winger or midfielder, it depends how Bernardo will be replaced.. If either Phil or Jack is moved to midfield, then you need winger, otherwise you need direct replacement

The fact you state cancelo played more than ederson last season surely shows how desperate we are for another full back? He clearly burnt out towards the end of last season it’s hardly surprising.

Losing Walker cost us in the champions league imo. 2 senior full backs isn’t enough especially with Laporte injured currently. We lose either Walker or cancelo we would be fucked.

Stones for me is pretty poor when he plays rb he def isn’t the answer, could see Phillips but rodri will need to be rested with the condensed schedule.

The squad was thin last season and cost us in the fa cup,. Not to mention zinchenko completely changed the game when he came on at lb against villa which aloud us to play cancelo rb. If we hadn’t had the option to go with 2 orthodox full backs we probably wouldn’t have won the league last year.

To say we are ready if Bernardo stays is madness the squad is way too small imo we need another full back if we are to compete for every trophy.

2 full backs and cover from elsewhere…Laporte will already miss most of August…is not ready to go in my opinion.

Pep goes with what he is given but he would rightly expect not to have this weakness going into the season. Esbrand is a great prospect and can play a handful off games. Imagine Cancelo picks up an injury. What’s next? Sell Cancelo and Walker can play left and right and be his own back up…it’s too much and asking for trouble.

I wanted 2 full backs after we sold Zin but I can see Esbrand as cover now. We still need one, whoever it is.

Bernardo? Cross that bridge.

I understand the posters who think Pep will sort out any problem and, if anyone can he can, but the point is he shouldn’t have to.

This is a clear and obvious problem now and I’m sure it will be sorted by City, but let’s not ignore the elephant in the room. The cover argument has to stop at some point for any team let alone one hoping to win multiple trophies.

No City fan could have watched us against Madrid in the CL last season and still believe we don’t need a full back.

The main reason why we did not reach back-to-back CL finals was due to an injury to Walker and Cancelo’s suspension. Dinho, Stones and Zinchenko got run ragged in those two games. Funnily enough, the longest period Madrid went without scoring was when Walker was on the pitch.

Not signing a LB this summer after the way the CL panned out would be negligent in the boards part. Not signing a LB after selling Zinchenko is criminal.

Thankfully, all the signs point towards our board bringing in a first choice LB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.