It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Most people on here had never even heard of him before last week.

We need a quality experienced player to come in.
I am all for giving kids a chance but most are rating him on a couple of YouTube moments running with the ball in preseason games.

What I saw was someone comfortable in possession (expected learning at City every day) and someone who likes to get forward. What I also saw was a guy who was positionally all over the show defensively. Again this is expected at his age but playing week in, week out for a team who is expected to challenge for the title is not the correct arena for his learning.

I think there is a fair chance that those clamouring for his inclusion now, would be back on here in a couple of months stating he is nowhere near ready.

No City fan could have watched us against Madrid in the CL last season and still believe we don’t need a full back.

The main reason why we did not reach back-to-back CL finals was due to an injury to Walker and Cancelo’s suspension. Dinho, Stones and Zinchenko got run ragged in those two games. Funnily enough, the longest period Madrid went without scoring was when Walker was on the pitch.

Not signing a LB this summer after the way the CL panned out would be negligent in the boards part. Not signing a LB after selling Zinchenko is criminal.

Thankfully, all the signs point towards our board bringing in a first choice LB.
Good post based on facts. Those that think we can muddle through again have short memories.

No City fan could have watched us against Madrid in the CL last season and still believe we don’t need a full back.

The main reason why we did not reach back-to-back CL finals was due to an injury to Walker and Cancelo’s suspension. Dinho, Stones and Zinchenko got run ragged in those two games. Funnily enough, the longest period Madrid went without scoring was when Walker was on the pitch.

Not signing a LB this summer after the way the CL panned out would be negligent in the boards part. Not signing a LB after selling Zinchenko is criminal.

Thankfully, all the signs point towards our board bringing in a first choice LB.
No, it was due to not being more clinical in taking our chances, thankfully the board have addressed that.

Maybe we should just give JWE a chance?
I don't wanna keep commenting this, but, the main issue with JWE from a club POV isn't whether he has the ability- it is the fact he's missed two of the last 3 seasons with major injuries (ACL and Hamstring reconstruction surgery)- hardly the dependable cover you need

Most people on here had never even heard of him before last week.

We need a quality experienced player to come in.

And? Sometimes players break through that people haven’t heard of. It’s all on pep anyway. If he thinks he’s good enough then why not? Same with someone like palmer

No, it was due to not being more clinical in taking our chances, thankfully the board have addressed that.

We conceded 10 goals in all of our group games, round 16 and quarter final ties combined.

We conceded 6 in the two legs against Madrid alone.

The season before when we reached the final, we conceded 5 goals in the whole competition.

Wasteful finishing obviously played a role in the loss. However, conceding the goals we did was more uncharacteristic of City than wasting chances. That’s what cost us more IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.