It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Some love a sulk, exact same who wrote our team off an hour before the Villa game.

Only problem with the success at City now is the spoilt twats it attracts.
Wanting your team to address issues or do better given the standards there are currently isn't a bad thing at all, it's lazy to just bundle everyone saying something needs addressing into moaning or spoilt. If this was a case for a position we were already well equipped in, I'd hear that, but we've now sold another option in Zinchenko who could play there and haven't had an out and out left back since 2017. Clearly not just moaning or being spoilt.

Just don't understand why City are so fixated on just one name in Cucurella, there's plenty fullbacks on market that fit our profile, why not just quickly sort a deal for them?
We’ve already been linked with Sosa and Grimaldo tbf. Presumably we’ve not moved for anyone else so far as the deal for Cucurella, our number one target, isn’t dead yet.

Just don't understand why City are so fixated on just one name in Cucurella, there's plenty fullbacks on market that fit our profile, why not just quickly sort a deal for them?
What is our profile?
I would say premier league proven, young, good at attacking and defending
I’m pretty sure they want cucurella because he is the top target.
Who are the plants of other options then?

What is our profile?
I would say premier league proven, young, good at attacking and defending
I’m pretty sure they want cucurella because he is the top target.
Who are the plants of other options then?
Ait-Nouri at Wolves (happens to be a Jorge Mendes client too!), Walker-Peters at Southampton, can play left or right, Joachim Maehle from Atalanta, primarily a left back but can also play on the right. Then the names we've been already linked with, David Raum, Borna Sosa, Alex Grimaldo (last preference), we were even looking at Tagliafico from Ajax before last window shut, the fullback market isn't short at all.

Prem proven is a good argument but we've also signed players from other leagues so clearly it's not a priority.

I get it's better to wait if the first target isn't the one we're getting but it sort of only weakens us in an area we're already thin at. Need I mention that this being a world cup year makes it tough too, all of our backline will be on international duty, and will be starters bar Ederson, even Aké seems to be likened by LVG so he will likely start. So my point is, cover the position with a good name, not an elite one, so that the rotation is easier given fixture crunch. Not outrageous to say is it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.