It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

The problem spots are defo LB, RB and for me RW. LB the obvious or. RB we need to bring in Kyle's replacement now I think. We saw how catastrophic losing his influence on the right was in Madrid. And rw I have little faith in Mahrez. Sometimes he can be a world beater but it feels like those games are fewer every year. Though I'm very much on board with the idea of playing Alvarez off that wing
Mahrez? Leading scorer last season with 24 goals. Let’s hope he’s just as bad this season.. ffs!!

Yeah of course we do and the club will know that too...

I guess I must just be the most chilled out City fan this morning?

We have no actual idea where the Cucurella bid is at (apart from Twitter rumours as far as I know which are as reliable as Jimmy Carr's tax return) so the deal may not be "dead" as some are saying.
If we don't have a Plan B then that says that we are confident of Plan A or there is nobody else that ticks all the boxes at the right price...?

The price thing is quite interesting really because we know we have made well over £200m in sales so if we are being "prudent" with our cash that says to me that we are looking further forward than this window... Bellingham next year maybe or someone else

Gundongan and potentially Bernardo replacement next summer.

So it will be Bellingham and Paqueta maybe?

Better than getting in somebody who isn't up to it that we don't really want. Maybe we'll either have to cough up the money for Cucurella or wait for a decent alternative to become available.
Normally yes, but we have 5, count them, 5 healthy senior backs to open the season.

There are plenty of guys who are up to it to serve as cover.
This idea that every player we sign must be some kind of superstar is crazy.

Meanwhile, if someone gets hurt or even goes into a 5 day protocol by testing positive for CV19 we are in jeopardy of relying on academy players to start and be backed up by midfielders and even younger players down in the order. How is this a good thing? We may be able to wait for a legit guy that could even start on the left, but meanwhile it wouldn't kill us to bring in a competent pro at 10 to 15 mil to provide immediate cover and add depth for the season.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Whenever us fans are concerned that we're short in a certain position the board don't always share those views. We went one season without a striker in the squad, so having no left back won't bother them one bit
It won't bother our opponents either.

Please get Ait Nouri, I wonder if he switches allegiance to Algeria if that will also affect his price tag

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.