It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

unknown to this league, don't compare him to Sterling, his numbers/record are stunning, if Alvarez has the same career level he will be an outstanding signing.
I was comparing the two to the two, not individually. Don't think they'll be that much of a drop off.

I was comparing the two to the two, not individually. Don't think they'll be that much of a drop off.
The money we got for Sterling was amazing with a year left and no intention of resigning, but I still think he will be missed and still hope the club will surprise everyone with another addition of a wide player.

Agree he's burnt bridges with Brighton and we've left him hanging.

Not really. Mahrez put in a transfer request and even got fined by Leicester, we didn't move any further towards meeting their valuation. He saw out the rest of his season and 5 months later got his move here, we paid a bit more than we initially reportedly bid, but nowhere near their initial asking price. Cucurella could have waited at least till the end of the window if he was set on coming here. He wasn't, and there is zero wrong with that either, Chelsea are a hood move for him, he'd be silly not to look at it. Not for us 'hanging him out to dry' though.

The money we got for Sterling was amazing with a year left and no intention of resigning, but I still think he will be missed and still hope the club will surprise everyone with another addition of a wide player.
Hahah. I would be happy if the club surprises with a LB.

I wouldn't mind that for a stop gap. that would depend on the fee.

Any fee for left back now would have an extra 10 mil on it due to us selling zinchenko. Unless we go to Wolves who are broke this window

We have better quality but less players and more obvious gaps in the squad, at left back, wing and 8. We are also more susceptible to an injury crisis than last season, which funnily enough was badly affected by an injury crisis in defence.

We have stripped out a lot of our natural width so that only Walker, Cancelo and Alvarez offer real width on the right and only Foden offers any width on the left.

Unless we’re planning to play Philips as an 8 we may have issues as we only 3 others and both Gundogan and KDB have missed a lot games over the last few seasons. I don’t understand why we’re loaning McAtee out.

We face an incredibly intense season with a World Cup in the middle that likely everyone bar Ortega, Carson, Mahrez, Palmer and Haaland will be attending. Yet instead of adding any depth we’re thinning out the squad and sold a lot players who featured heavily plus young players who were in numerous batch day squads. I really don’t understand the logic.
We've one less player than last season which is the left back we want anyway. McAtee wont play in CM even if were short an 8, Foden would drop and Alvarez or Palmer will be used more in the front 3. He'll be riding the bench if Sheff are guaranteeing game time let him have it.

The width on the left i agree but i want a LB as well.

The EDS players are still available only Lavia is gone permanently, you'll prob see the rest of the squad that were training with the first team last season but didn't make the bench as often. Mbete, JWE, Bobb, etc

It won't be 45m if we show an interest.

I don't know, Wolves fans online saying they are really skint this window. Owner is desperate for money. I think if we offered 40 theyd bite our hand off for the deal just to get money in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.