It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

we don't. Pep will. The squad as a whole (bar lb) is slightly stronger than last year for me.
Agree to disagree I guess. I don't think our attack is stronger, we've added a number 9 but lost 2 very solid and useful profiles in Jesus and Sterling, plus overall depth of attack is also not that good. Midfield more or less the same. And backline weakened considering we did not rid of Aké to replace him, and did not address the left back spot as of yet. Could change by end of window but it has been a very average summer imo. I trust Pep and I hope he extends his contract soon to see the team go into next phase. My expectations will lower if we go in as it is and I do not see us winning anything noteworthy.

What the fuck are Chelsea going to do with Cucu? They have Palmieri and Chilwell already. I'm assuming one of the two mentioned above will be out the door or they will all take turns getting arse sore for sitting 2 of three matches or something?

I think we should have doubled down on the fact we got the best number 9 in Europe and only gone from strength to strength. Instead it feels like we've lost as much as we've gained. And what we've gained could taken a while to adjust.

Been on a Wolves forum - Molineux Mix - and they’re terrified that we are going to come calling for Ait-Nouri.

Fans absolutely don’t want to see him go but feel only he and Neto are the two sellable assets to enable them to spend money. But because of that, they’re hopeful we do buy him so they can re-invest into midfield and sign “another Ait-nouri” type. Biggest flaw is seemingly his fitness as he doesn’t last longer than 70 minutes typically.

It seems, they’re absolutely broke.

I’m sure Jonathan smith mentioned there was a £45m price tag for him earlier in the summer.

Personally, would be chuffed if we signed him as his ceiling is so so high.

Thought I’d share.

I just have a feeling we will sign Grimaldo since he's la masia trained so he knows the Pep way already.
I would like to be proven wrong but stop-gap signings never work (re; Angelino) and that is what Grimaldo would feel like. He's 26 now and not really improved vastly while all the while staying at Benfica. He's a decent left back but imo, we could do much, much better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.