It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I think we are one down on last season from what I remember. Bring another one or two in (assuming no more departures) and we should be fine.
I’m not sure where this confidence comes from given that last season we actually had a good season on the injury front and still had to chop and change a lot at the end. Chuck in a WC competition in the middle and the players will be on their knees. If ever there was a time to bulk up squad numbers its now.

Maybe you are right City seem to agree with you!

Ive said many times it’s not that I disagree with City I just don’t understand it. I’ll just have to wait until 1st September like all of us…or the end of the season to compare our trophy haul!

We have a price for Bernardo, if Barca match that price I think he's gone, we don't like to keep a player that wants to leave, we don't stand in their way. I think it's always been about if Barca can match our price. If De Jong goes for 80 mil they are in strong position to come in for Bernardo
If De Jong is worth 80 Mill then Bernard is worth at least 150 Mill.

I’m not sure where this confidence comes from given that last season we actually had a good season on the injury front and still had to chop and change a lot at the end. Chuck in a WC competition in the middle and the players will be on their knees. If ever there was a time to bulk up its now.

Maybe you are right City seem to agree with you!
The World Cup is during the winter and Premier returns on Boxing Day

surely we have any injuries or match fatigue we can sign players in January which is a few days later

maybe club realise this season January window would be a better time to buy

unusual season this

A snippet from an Athletic article this morning on Barcelona and their financial ruin. Hilarious. I’m sure a Barca fan was on here last night/this morning saying they don’t break rules!

73011000-e769-43f4-a710-87bd695c6330-jpeg.51563

Attachments

• 73011000-E769-43F4-A710-87BD695C6330.jpeg
    73011000-E769-43F4-A710-87BD695C6330.jpeg
    493 KB · Views: 497
We have a price for Bernardo, if Barca match that price I think he's gone, we don't like to keep a player that wants to leave, we don't stand in their way. I think it's always been about if Barca can match our price. If De Jong goes for 80 mil they are in strong position to come in for Bernardo
But isn't that only if we can sign a suitable replacement?
Realistically we have not even been able to get an alternative to Cucu and I don't see how we can get another MF.

Ake would be a very competent LB defensively and Cancelo is very good going forward. It would be nice to have one that is both!!

I don't think we'll see the best of Grealish with Ake (who cann't overlap and attack) or a right footed LB like Cancelo who wants to cut into the same space that Grealish needs.
Exactly my thoughts, I’ll trust the process but this doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence.

Would be ideal to have one that can do both… wouldn’t mind as much Gomez coming in as the ‘attacking’ minded left back and Ake as a ‘defensive’ minded one for example depending on the game (5 subs now too). But there’s rumours he’s going back on loan and well Ake’s far from an overlapping full back type…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.