It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I understand our policy on not keeping unhappy players but I belive letting Bernardo go would be a huge mistake on the clubs part.

1. We are losing a fantastic player - we would be weaker in the midfield area (both centrally and in wide positions) without him.
2. At this stage in the transfer window would we be able to replace him with equal quality- highly doubtful.
Our response to Barca should be he is not for sale in this window , to find a player with the same qualities will be extremely difficult. We should be saying to Bernardo give us one more season and then we will reluctantly let you leave. Adopting this strategy will give us plenty of time to look at possible replacements.

Its all gone very quiet since the cucurella to chelsea reports surfaced....no ITK info at all.

We all knoewthat the Cucurella business was probably the last incoming to sort....Im guessing that the club have been taken aback a little by the developments and were expecting to get Cucurella done. Having said that we also know that we usually have a plan A, B and probably C for all our transfers so hopefully we have switched to plan B and we are trying to get it done on the quiet without media attention...The Dias move came pretty much out of nowhere I seem to remember so hopefully it will be similar to that

We should not be going into the season with the fullback options we have.....unless they are going to take a huge leap of faith on JWE (not seen enough of him to know whether that should even be a consideration)

Gvardiol looks like a cracking player who can cover left CB and FB. Hope the rumours are true

Honestly wouldn't get excited about him playing left back. He's more of an Ake/ Laporte "he can cover there for a game or two if we need it" type of player than someone who is an actual viable option throughout the season.

At centreback, I wouldn't be surprised if he was first choice alongside Dias by the end of the season. Not sure why we'd go for it right now with the four options we've got already, unless someone is leaving.

If Chelsea are priced out of Fofana, it may make sense for them to come back in for Aké
we sholdnt be dealing with anyone this late.

We already have Laporte out for a month (Knee op) ....we cannot take a risk and keep strenthening rivals while leaving ourselves weaker....Stones is also out at least a couple of times a season with injuries....no way we should even consider it now

Surely singing in Gavridol only makes sense if one of the CBs is on the way out? Can’t be spending that kind of money on a player who will mostly be backup at CB and LB unless he is going to get plenty of game time in both positions. It also possibly leaves us still needing another full back option unless they think JWE is up to it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.