It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

SUMMARY: For any visitors who look in on this thread and want a quick update but no more…

0 Out

0 In

Same again folks. Nothing doing. Come on City.

Rumours of more players leaving. Bernardo being linked with PSG in addition to Barcelona now. Paqueta mentioned as a possible replacement. Barcelona rumoured to be stating they will bid for Bernardo before the window closes. La liga saying Barca are still €150 million short of being able to register the players they have already bought.

Full Back Situation: No news…we still only have 2 and no new links at all anywhere. All a bit strange.

1 day to the start of our season.

The window closes 11PM on 1st September (24 days left)

I’ll post one of these most evenings around this time on this thread

You are welcome.

Please note this isn’t a summary of what is in the news, what I reckon or what will definitely happen. It’s only a summary of what is currently being discussed on the transfer forum

People talking about Chilwell like he’s world class. He isn’t.

A. He’s injury prone
B. He’s bang average
C. He’s expensive
D. Chelsea won’t sell

Kicking at an open door, are we? What thread are you reading? Not once over the last three pages does anyone mention Chilwell being world class, quite the contrary, he’s bang average according to most people on here.

As for Cucurella and as expected, his short appearance for Chelsea was enough to see the obvious, he’s an upgrade on Chilwell.
I know Cancelo is a top fullback and he’s been great at LB, but I can’t help thinking how we would play with a skillful leftfooted leftback, with Cancelo on his right side.

I’m usually not worried about transfers but there really aren’t many great leftbacks on the market. Sure we can find one on the level of Angelino or Zinchenko, but the whole reason we sold Zinchenko was to strengthen that position with an even better player. Now with Cucu gone, I don’t see any options.

Can we do better than Chilwell?

Who's left, Grimaldo average in a benfica side and was at fault according to their fans for most of the attacks they conceded last season , sosa average defensively,Mitchell to expensive, Gomez a raw talent.

All the top top left backs that would upgrade the team are not available, have a long contract or are to expensive.
Does that include south americans because Alvarez looks full of energy to me which is fantastic to see?

Reactions: kun
Kicking at an open door, are we? What thread are you reading? Not once over the last three pages does anyone mention Chilwell being world class, quite the contrary, he’s bang average according to most people on here.
“Can we do better than Chilwell?”
“I’d have Chilwell all day long”
“Aké + cash for Chilwell”

F62431C6-09BA-4C35-A834-DEB87864AB60.jpeg40D56308-8471-4139-AA91-E48A5015A42E.jpeg

Open door is it?

So you’ve turned a handful of people saying Chillwell is good or would be a good signing to people are talking like he’s world class?
There are loads that took me 5 seconds to collate.

Listing him alongside Trent Alexander-Arnold, Andy Robertson, Kyle Walker and João Cancelo is 100% implying he’s world class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.