It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Thoughts?

He might be a rag twat but I have to agree with Ferdinand on this one. I’m still extremely disappointed we sold Sterling, especially to a hated rival. He‘s quality and has delivered time and again for us in big games or tight games against obstinate opposition. Yes he misses chances, but so does every player.

The club clearly gets a lot more correct than not, but personally I think they’ve really fucked up letting him go, especially to the chavs rather than abroad. It’s a squad game, we play about 60 a season, and Sterling was rarely injured. Really shit decision which I hope doesn’t bite us on the arse.

He might be a rag twat but I have to agree with Ferdinand on this one. I’m still extremely disappointed we sold Sterling, especially to a hated rival. He‘s quality and has delivered time and again for us in big games or tight games against obstinate opposition. Yes he misses chances, but so does every player.

The club clearly gets a lot more correct than not, but personally I think they’ve really fucked up letting him go, especially to the chavs rather than abroad. It’s a squad game, we play about 60 a season, and Sterling was rarely injured. Really shit decision which I hope doesn’t bite us on the arse.

I’m the opposite. Really enjoyed him whilst here but let them suffer the constant brain farts in front of goal.

I still haven’t forgiven him for Lyon.

For all his goals he’ll be an afterthought in city history. He’s levels below our legends and will sit with Lescott, Barry, De Jong etc.

Team that struggles to score the most of the big 6 is Chelsea. Their system forces nearly all opposition to low block. Their system relies entirely on full back to take on roles on the wing more than wingers do. Which means he won't have enough space, and he'll be force centrally.

Like we've seen in their first game.

He will score, he was good for us. He will not have the same output he had for us. I'm willing to bet my house on that.

And he could and would have walked into any side he'd have wanted next summer.

If we'd kept him, we'd basically have been paying £50m for a season long loan for a player who'll be away at a World Cup during the season and we've no idea how that'll affect any players, before or after it.

I'd have preferred him to sign a new deal and stay, as think moving to the right with Haaland up front would have been great but he chose not to.

He'd checked out long before we received a fee for him.

Best for both parties.

He's not quality and hasn't been for a long time and wanted to leave. Great deal for us

Can’t be helped if he wants to leave though. It’s either get £50m for him this Summer or lose him next season on a free and have a player who doesn’t want to be here for another 12 months.

Reactions: JDV

You write, as does Ferdinand, like the choice was ours. Our only choice was get a fee now or let him go on a free. Sterling owes us nothing. We had his best years and he wanted to move on for guaranteed playing time. We got a half decent fee. Win, win as far as I can see. Ferdinand just spouting shit that has no basis in reality.

It‘s strange. When I chat shit, people point out I’m chatting shit. When Ferdinand does it he gets printed and quoted like a sage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.