It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Wait how has his release clause increased by 60 million when he hasn’t signed a new contract

UEFA ruling…. Release clauses count double for Arab owned clubs and are heavily discounted for American owned clubs… get with it !

Of all the players signed under Pep, I'd say Walker is the one who has developed the most, which a credit to both the player and Pep (one clearly wanted to learn and the other loves to teach).

Any decent player with the right attitude will improve under Pep.

I don't think Walker has developed significantly. His game has and always will be about his pace. Once that declines he will quickly be out of the team. He's good on the ball but look back at his time at Tottenham and you'll see all of the good things that he still does today. That crossfield drilled ball to the left wing he loves, that little burst forwards into space before dragging it back and passing into midfield.

Just to clarify, he's an excellent defender and one who has been so important to how we play. He had a lot better CV than Lodi when he joined though, largely through the fact we knew he could play in this league successfully. His signing enabled us to play the possession-dominant football and also deal with counter attacks. The dual inverted full back role Pep tried at West Ham, given time, could see him becoming even more effective to deal with that from a central area and enable the rest of our more creative players to do their work higher up the pitch.

Big if, but if we could get Lodi and Gomez in, I’d argue this would be our most talented/balanced squad ever.

Ederson Moreno

Walker Cancelo
Dias Stones
Laporte Ake
Lodi Gomez

Rodri Phillips
Bernardo Gundogan
KDB

Foden Grealish
Haaland Alvarez
Mahrez Palmer

Wow!! that would truly give us a chance of winning everything imo.

I must have been watching a different Renan Lodi to the rest of you because I don't think I've seen anything special about him at all.
I wouldn't say anything, but I don't think he's shown to be as good as some are saying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.