It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I'm a bit confused as to why City would assume a player with a €60m release clause wasn't for sale?

It doesn't matter if he's for sale or not if they pay the release clause.

He's also been heavily linked with Juventus and Newcastle this summer so seems like he's looking to move.

I'm just not convinced by this one, it could have been done in May if they wanted him and if he was second choice then it wouldn't have taken 2 weeks after Cucurella was off for the links to emerge (let alone a deal).

Instead we're signing 21 year old project players and sniffing around Guerreiro.

I'll also stick my neck out and say I think the main reason people are in love with him is because he scored the goal that knocked United out of the Champions League last season? Because I didn't recall him doing anything against us, he didn't have a thread on here until an hour ago and he's not even a guaranteed starter for Atletico.
agreed Lodi is a bit of a crap to play in a pep passing side. he is good defensively though

51 mill is still a big boy fee for a Full Back.

We Started huffing and puffing at 35 million for Cindirella.

Then it depends if Guerreiro will go for about 25-30. 28, 1 year left on his deal.

If he does, we ain't paying 51 million.

agreed but City may value Lodi higher and a better full back and may pay the fee? We could maybe do a lower fee and offer to loan them Gomez?

agreed but City may value Lodi higher and a better full back and may pay the fee? We could maybe do a lower fee and offer to loan them Gomez?
With three years on his deal, age, and a release clause, and 21 days left in the transfer market, i hardly doubt we'll be pussy footing around discussions.

As well, Guerreiro seems more likely right now, as per reports. My thought process is, why not go straight in for him, once Cindirella was a no go.

Big yes for me on Lodi. I know a few have mentioned his usual style doesn’t really match ours but Walker and Cancelo were both your typical ‘up and down the pitch’ fullbacks before Pep got hold of them. I’d love to see what Pep could do with Lodi.

Big yes for me on Lodi. I know a few have mentioned his usual style doesn’t really match ours but Walker and Cancelo were both your typical ‘up and down the pitch’ fullbacks before Pep got hold of them. I’d love to see what Pep could do with Lodi.
I feel 60 mil for Lodi makes 10x more sense than spending 50 mil on Cucurella. City have tons of cash. Just get it done. But again, Atleti consider him untouchable so...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.