It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Sadly, I don’t think Pep thinks about how defensively sound he is. He’s seen he can “play with courage” and he’s chomping at the bit to make him a left back.

The squad refresh this summer is all about youth - Pep has made this point repeatedly over his last few press conferences.

He does seem energised by the idea of bringing a fresh crop of potential future stars through, and seems more open to the Academy - which is good to hear.

It does probably mean the results won’t be as immediate, and we may have to be patient with the younger players at times this season - but if he gets it right, the rewards could be even more exciting to watch.

Gomez will make mistakes, but if we give him the space to develop in easier games to start with, he could develop into a player for the big occasions too.

The squad refresh this summer does seem all about youth, and Pep has made this point repeatedly over his last few press conferences.

He does seem energised by the idea of bringing a fresh crop of potential future stars through, and seems more open to the Academy - which is good to hear.

It does probably mean the results won’t be as immediate, and we may have to be patient with the younger players at times this season - but if he gets it right, the rewards could be even more exciting to watch.

Gomez will make mistakes, but if we give him the space to develop in easier games to start with, he could develop into a player for the big occasions too.
I think we’ll all accept that if he signs a new contract!

It looks like Pep will give the Academy players more game time. Perhaps we will even see Borges here & there. Would be nice. I´m excitied/happy even when Bernardo leaves.

Club squads at the highest level have been stronger than international teams for ages, doesn’t diminish the importance of the World Cup though. Still the ultimate accolade for players.
I just haven’t been remotely excited by international football since 98. 90 was great 96 was amazingly as able to attend random matches. 98 we had genuine believe cheap camping and loads of beer. Since then they’ve all been less to me.

Dude we are not replacing Raz. It’s Cole and Alvarez. Don’t have your hopes up for a replacement. I do hope we get another left back though, but personally think we are done
Alvarez replaces Jesus, so we are a wide player short, I still don't think we will see a lot of Palmer, I hope he proves me wrong.

I wide player with pace that chips in with a few goals and then for me we have the best squad ever.

Club squads at the highest level have been stronger than international teams for ages, doesn’t diminish the importance of the World Cup though. Still the ultimate accolade for players.
Not so sure on the World Cup anymore and this one really could damage it's reputation fatally.

The last couple of tournaments have been poor for me, the Euro's are of a higher consistency and quality, far too many World Cup games are meaningless and the results obvious.

World Cup will be always the most popular and seen by many fans around the world including it's pro player as the ultimate accolade eclipsing any throphy even Champions League.

Sure the quality of football is poor but for many fans and again including it's pro player playing football for national team in World Cup is big accomplishment and pride being selected playing for your nation at that tournament.

Alvarez replaces Jesus, so we are a wide player short, I still don't think we will see a lot of Palmer, I hope he proves me wrong.

I wide player with pace that chips in with a few goals and then for me we have the best squad ever.

I think Palmer is a brilliant talent who needs to get free of injuries. After that game time is needed. If he gets luck with injuries and the game time I think we could we have a Premier League star of the future. Just my opinion obviously

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.