It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

A brilliant squad full of quality & players who can play in multiple positions on the pitch.
Ederson
Ortega
Walker
Cancelo
Gomez
Ake
Dias
Stones
Laporte
Rodri
Phillips
Bernardo
KDB
Gundogan
Foden
Grealish
Mahrez
Palmer
Alvarez
Haaland

That’s 20 top class players. How many do those moaning want : )
Would piss the World Cup which makes a mockery of the fifa World Cup is the ultimate malarkey.

Fair point. Don’t get me wrong, I do think we’re relatively short in terms of quantity if not quality. Thought we were last season too, which is why our domestic cup challenges fell short.
Exactly that. If we kept Bernado and brought in one maybe two more we would still have the smallest squad in the PL but enough to cope and keep everyone happy.

I see the thinking in letting McAtee go but it’s a body we could have done with and I’d like to bring in a centre midfielder. It wouldn’t block McAtee as he‘s gone for the season and next season I can see Bernardo and Gundog leaving so they could be replaced by McAtee and maybe Bellingham in a year.

The only problem i see with our squad is theres zero goal threat on the left. Unless Grealish this season can get his goal scoring going.

Whilst I doubt Gomez is going to bring a goal threat directly - having a fast, attacking, left footed player overlapping with Jack on the left is going to allow him to cut in and attack the goal more centrally rather than holding the line like he does with Cancelo.

And that’s how he played at Villa, where he was so much more of a threat.

I’m hopeful Gomez will enable Jack to play much more like the player we paid all that money for.

That said, I’ve never seen so much as a single game from Gomez so far - so this is based more on hope than judgement.

Whilst I doubt Gomez is going to bring a goal threat directly - having a fast, attacking, left footed player overlapping with Jack on the left is going to allow him to cut in and attack the goal more centrally rather than holding the line like he does with Cancelo.

And that’s how he played at Villa, where he was so much more of a threat.

I’m hopeful Gomez will enable Jack to play much more like the player we paid all that money for.

That said, I’ve never seen so much as a single game from Gomez so far - so this is based more on hope than judgement.
The ongoing issue for me is do we have a left back that can defend?

No doubt we’ll find out at Anfield.

The ongoing issue for me is do we have a left back that can defend?

No doubt we’ll find out at Anfield.

No idea mate.

Gomez is such an unknown quantity to me, I have no idea how good he is.

Pep’s clearly excited about him and his potential - that really came across in his press conference today - and Vinnie knows the quality needed, and was happy to endorse him for the job.

I’d trust both of their judgements implicitly, so I’m excited to see what he can do - but fuck knows whether he’ll cut it defensively.

We’re about to find out, I guess!

No idea mate.

Gomez is such an unknown quantity to me, I have no idea how good he is.

Pep’s clearly excited about him and his potential - that really came across in his press conference today - and Vinnie knows the quality needed, and was happy to endorse him for the job.

I’d trust both of their judgements implicitly, so I’m excited to see what he can do - but fuck knows whether he’ll cut it defensively.

We’re about to find out, I guess!
Sadly, I don’t think Pep thinks about how defensively sound he is. He’s seen he can “play with courage” and he’s chomping at the bit to make him a left back.

Would piss the World Cup which makes a mockery of the fifa World Cup is the ultimate malarkey.
Club squads at the highest level have been stronger than international teams for ages, doesn’t diminish the importance of the World Cup though. Still the ultimate accolade for players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.