It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

i wonder if he`s getting a bit fed up of having to pull it out of the bag though? When asked last week he was asked were we done in the transfer market and he answered apparently yes? He didnt look happy about it either but it was a strange way to answer the question as if he was happy with the squad he would normally come out and say he was, outstanding this and that?
But he's the one who likes tiny squads?

Will be interesting to see if Pep plays Phillips and Rodri together in certain situations. looking back to the last Madrid game shoring up the midfield in the last 10 minutes would have hot us through.

These are the sort of signings I expected Newcastle to make but they’ve stayed rightly away from.
They have Dan Ashworth in charge and we had Garry Cook. Everything stabilised once we had Txiki though Bony, Mangala, Fernando summer was a shocker. They could have easily gone for flashier players but theyve done very well not to

They have Dan Ashworth in charge and we had Garry Cook. Everything stabilised once we had Txiki though Bony, Mangala, Fernando summer was a shocker. They could have easily gone for flashier players but theyve done very well not to
We were also in Europe the season of the takeover.

Will be interesting to see if Pep plays Phillips and Rodri together in certain situations. looking back to the last Madrid game shoring up the midfield in the last 10 minutes would have hot us through.
Been begging to see a double pivot with a CF a ST and two wingers work under PEP.. we 100% have the players to do that.

4-2-3-1 when needed.. with Rodri - Phillips - KDB - Halaand axis and Foden - Mahrezs wings, or whoever is suitable. Don't think he will ever do that.

Oh I completely agree, and I was not suggesting a change in style of play, or line-up.

I believe we need one of the following: a suitable midfielder, that can also break legs if necessary, or a winger for raw pace as I am getting tired of Foden thinking he is Neymar. With pace on the wing, the space Halaand would get to run in the channels would be disgusting.

With a solid leg-breaker, Kev can get a rest, and we can double pivot + CF behind Halaand ( Bernardo + Gundo / Phil ) ( yes I know we have Phillips ) when we are needed.
What a ridiculous comment re Foden, he's the opposite of Neymar, never invites the challenge, plays simple, too simple the truth be told. Wish he has Neymar's arrogance, that would take him to the next level

What a ridiculous comment re Foden, he's the opposite of Neymar, never invites the challenge, plays simple, too simple the truth be told. Wish he has Neymar's arrogance, that would take him to the next level
I'll give you that, I made a poor comparison. His form is not what we need from a winger in my opinion.

Well he's signed for Barca lol but I see your point. I agree that it seems that we have injury prone CBs but if that's the case then we should have sold them and replaced. You can't go and buy two more CBs just in case Ake or Stones get injured. Having 6 senior CBs is outrageous.

We have 4 senior, Mbete and in Rodri and Phillips another two of capable of doing a job I am sure.
Not 2. Just a very competent "swing" guy who is a much better option than either Rodri or Phillips at CB but can challenge for time on the outside. Like Kounde, Alaba, Gvardiol. I'm not saying those guys specifically because that's not realistic at this point, but that type of guy.

I fear our defence will cost us this season they are all suspect too injuries apart from Cancelo, we've already lost Ake to a groin injury, it's just a matter of time before Stones is out again, Laporte is still missing Walker is starting too pickup niggles like Dias. We only need another one to get a knock tomorrow and we'll be struggling in defence especially against a counter attacking side like palace

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.