It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Your assuming that because Gomez may not have been the first choice or might not have been the most experienced option that. He is not a senior player or cannot be trusted. The experts chose him over lots of other options. Why now spend money on those lesser options in order to some how replace him and his lack of experience but with inferior ability or at least ability to do what we want to do ?
I don’t see where I said anything about spending money on lesser players, those are words you have created for your own argument.

I am saying the squad would look better with another fullback, especially with my suspicion that Walker didn’t look fully fit. Now I could be wrong about Walker but it still highlights that we are short should we lose one of Walker or Cancelo. I then mentioned our usual stop gap would be to use one of our centre backs but already we down to just senior CBs so do not have that option.

Now I would love for JWE or Rico Lewis to step up and play but historically Pep has not tended to do that. So I would suggest signing a full back, not any full back but one good enough for City to give us better strength and depth.

Sadly the profile of defender I would sign is someone like Zinchenko who is comfortable with tucking in as on the right we would have Cancelo who can do that and Walker who is more comfortable as a traditional Fb and then on the left we would have Gomes who from what I’ve read likes to stay wide and an inverted fb.

Sadly I am not professional scout with a book of suitable full backs so cannot put forward a specific name, but there is nothing wrong with me saying that we would be better covered with a 4th senior full back if Pep as he tends to do, doesn’t play the young lads in prem games.

After the game with Newcastle my biggest concern is in the way we play in these situations. ( aggressive counter press - counterattack against us )

I think we need a different player/s to complement our style of play. We are too nice, to "fluid" and we need a proper **** in the team. We really need a midfielder if our CM's are going to dilly dally on the wings.

We need a winger if we're shot in midfield.

The rags have pointed out that if 2-3 key players get to fuck, you're eaten alive, as the league is at it's most competitive it has been for a very long time.

I really hope we're going to address this, because otherwise we will have serious issues when we need to play every 3 days.

After the game with Newcastle my biggest concern is in the way we play in these situations. ( aggressive counter press - counterattack against us )

I think we need a different player/s to complement our style of play. We are too nice, to "fluid" and we need a proper **** in the team. We really need a midfielder if our CM's are going to dilly dally on the wings.

We need a winger if we're shot in midfield.

The rags have pointed out that if 2-3 key players get to fuck, you're eaten alive, as the league is at it's most competitive it has been for a very long time.

I really hope we're going to address this, because otherwise we will have serious issues when we need to play every 3 days.
All systems have a weakness, our system will always be vulnerable to strong aggresive counter attacks. Peps teams always have and always will be. He won't change how we play, he won't get a player in that's just to defend against it, going off the results he gets nor should he.

Last edited:
All systems have a weakness, our system will always be vulnerable to strong aggresive counter attacks. Peps teams always have and always will be. He won't change how we play, he won't get a player in that's just to defend against it, going of the results he gets nor should he.
Oh I completely agree, and I was not suggesting a change in style of play, or line-up.

I believe we need one of the following: a suitable midfielder, that can also break legs if necessary, or a winger for raw pace as I am getting tired of Foden thinking he is Neymar. With pace on the wing, the space Halaand would get to run in the channels would be disgusting.

With a solid leg-breaker, Kev can get a rest, and we can double pivot + CF behind Halaand ( Bernardo + Gundo / Phil ) ( yes I know we have Phillips ) when we are needed.

Oh I completely agree, and I was not suggesting a change in style of play, or line-up.

I believe we need one of the following: a suitable midfielder, that can also break legs if necessary, or a winger for raw pace as I am getting tired of Foden thinking he is Neymar. With pace on the wing, the space Halaand would get to run in the channels would be disgusting.

With a solid leg-breaker, Kev can get a rest, and we can double pivot + CF behind Halaand ( Bernardo + Gundo / Phil ) ( yes I know we have Phillips ) when we are needed.
Will never happen while Pep is our manager.

I don’t see where I said anything about spending money on lesser players, those are words you have created for your own argument.

I am saying the squad would look better with another fullback, especially with my suspicion that Walker didn’t look fully fit. Now I could be wrong about Walker but it still highlights that we are short should we lose one of Walker or Cancelo. I then mentioned our usual stop gap would be to use one of our centre backs but already we down to just senior CBs so do not have that option.

Now I would love for JWE or Rico Lewis to step up and play but historically Pep has not tended to do that. So I would suggest signing a full back, not any full back but one good enough for City to give us better strength and depth.

Sadly the profile of defender I would sign is someone like Zinchenko who is comfortable with tucking in as on the right we would have Cancelo who can do that and Walker who is more comfortable as a traditional Fb and then on the left we would have Gomes who from what I’ve read likes to stay wide and an inverted fb.

Sadly I am not professional scout with a book of suitable full backs so cannot put forward a specific name, but there is nothing wrong with me saying that we would be better covered with a 4th senior full back if Pep as he tends to do, doesn’t play the young lads in prem games.
Sorry I thought you was referring to Gomez as in experienced. It seems we where only ever linked with one new Zinchenko replacement full back. Anyone other than Gomez would in the eyes of the people at city be a lesser option as they chose him over those options. I bow to their superior judgment.

Sorry I thought you was referring to Gomez as in experienced. It seems we where only ever linked with one new Zinchenko replacement full back. Anyone other than Gomez would in the eyes of the people at city be a lesser option as they chose him over those options. I bow to their superior judgment.
I do think he is inexperienced at the highest level but he looks exciting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.