It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I can’t help but think we’re short in midfield. I think Bernardo will play on the right quite a bit this season as he’s far better suited than Mahrez there. Obviously Alvarez can play on the right too but you can’t play Alvarez and Haaland from the start in every game as there will be injuries and we need Alvarez to stay fresh to deputise for the Viking.

If Bernardo, Kev and Gundo are all starting then the only back up is Phillips, but he’s the natural deputy to Rodri. Am I worrying about nothing? I probably am, but that’s what I do, every day, about everything, so yeah I probably am tbf.

Lots of rotation and making the most of the 5 subs will be key. The World Cup is out of our control but it enables us to manage the workloads up to that point and then after it. Phillips could play in the middle alongside Rodri in a more front foot role if we needed him to or Grealish/Foden could. Or we could switch to an alternative formation to make something work. We'll be fine. We've got another CB in which was what we really needed, and Haaland and Alvarez have proven that goals will not be an issue even with Sterling and Jesus going.

I can’t help but think we’re short in midfield. I think Bernardo will play on the right quite a bit this season as he’s far better suited than Mahrez there. Obviously Alvarez can play on the right too but you can’t play Alvarez and Haaland from the start in every game as there will be injuries and we need Alvarez to stay fresh to deputise for the Viking.

If Bernardo, Kev and Gundo are all starting then the only back up is Phillips, but he’s the natural deputy to Rodri. Am I worrying about nothing? I probably am, but that’s what I do, every day, about everything, so yeah I probably am tbf.
I think we’ll see Foden, Grealish and even Palmer at times in midfield this season.

Outside chance of Gomez too.

Dias touch map from CB last night... might wanna give him some more credit :)

View attachment 54537
I think he’s very good as a defender and I’d always have him playing but, if you were only looking for a totally fluid team you’d always have Stones and Laporte and no Walker.

I think he’s very good as a defender and I’d always have him playing but, if you were only looking for a totally fluid team you’d always have Stones and Laporte and no Walker.
Depends on the opposition for me. Having Walker fluid but then giving him a man-to-man marking job to do at the same time, is just asking to make him look lost 24/7.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.