It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Jesus wanted out as soon as he knew we were signing Haaland, as he could see another Aguero situation brewing - where he’s stuck playing second fiddle to the main man all over again. And he wanted to be the main man himself.

Arsenal are giving him that, and fair play to him - he’s shining as a result.

But us signing Haaland and keeping Jesus was clearly never an option. And given the choice, I’d take Haaland every day!

Alvarez has further softened the blow, so personally I’m cool with losing Jesus - and happy for the player he’s found a Club which will build their attack around him.

Jesus wanted out as soon as he knew we were signing Haaland, as he could see another Aguero situation brewing - where he’s stuck playing second fiddle to the main man all over again. And he wanted to be the main man himself.

Arsenal are giving him that, and fair play to him - he’s shining as a result.

But us signing Haaland and keeping Jesus was clearly never an option. And given the choice, I’d take Haaland every day!

Alvarez has further softened the blow, so personally I’m cool with losing Jesus - and happy for the player he’s found a Club which will build their attack around him.

To be fair though Jesus had aplenty of time to nail down that CF position and make it his own

IN:
Stefan Ortega, 29, GK, Arminia Bielefeld, Free Transfer
Manuel Akanji, 27, CB, Borussia Dortmund, £15m
Sergio Goméz, 21, LB, Anderlecht, £11m
Kalvin Phillips, 26, DM, Leeds, £43m
Terrell Agyemang, 19, AM, Charlton Athletic, Free transfer
Emilio Lawrence, 16, AM, Everton, Free transfer
Erling Haaland, 22, ST, Borussia Dortmund, £51m
Julian Álvarez, 22, ST, River Plate, £14m (January transfer/loan return)

Total spend: £125m

OUT:
Zack Steffen, Loan
Gavin Bazunu, £12m
Aro Murić, £2.5m
Pedro Porro, £7m
Oleksandr Zinchenko, £30m
Ko Itakura, £4m
Juan Larios, £6m
Roméo Lavia, £14m
Fernandinho, Free transfer
James McAtee, Loan
Darko Gyabi, £5m
Samuel Edozie, £10m
Raheem Sterling, £50m
Gabriel Jesus, £45m
Liam Delap, Loan

Total income: £185.5m

Net: £60.5m

Squad:
Ederson, Ortega, Carson
Walker, Cancelo, Lewis
Dias, Laporte, Stones, Aké, Akanji
Gomez, Wilson-Esbrand
Rodri, Phillips
de Bruyne, Bernardo, Gündogan
Foden, Mahrez, Grealish, Palmer
Haaland, Álvarez, Knight

Rate the window /10

9/10 for me.

The only thing stopping it from being a 10 is the left back situation

We clearly didn’t get our plan A target, and ended up signing a player with potential instead of a genuine starter - which is what we wanted.

Apart from that - it’s been an excellent window.

It was a good enough window anyway, but Akanji at the end was important as we were definitely looking light at the back - and that’s now been addressed.

This has been a great window. I suspect Pep thought that one or two players were starting to get resentful about rotation (Sterling being one) and it was time for a minor refresh. The new players have created a whole new energy in the squad and we have quality and depth. Add to that - most of the major competition haven’t strengthened greatly and a few seem to be thrashing around. We really do look like we are far and away the best run club in the league - probably the only ones operating in a calm and strategic manner - it’s telling that Newcastle seem to be adopting a similarly measured approach.

Haaland is our new figure head he will be used everywhere his brand will only get bigger let’s enjoy the ride
^^^^ This. Every young kid in the Country will be drawn to City because Haaland is fast becoming the leagues most high profile player. He’s going to be awesome and he will catapult us to new levels. The media can’t idolise Haaland and hate us.

^^^^ This. Every young kid in the Country will be drawn to City because Haaland is fast becoming the leagues most high profile player. He’s going to be awesome and he will catapult us to new levels. The media can’t idolise Haaland and hate us.
I can't tell you how many kids I've seen in city shirts with Haaland's name on the back.
He's box office.

Team was getting stale and we got good money in for three players that had hit their ceilings and were unlikely to be the difference between us winning the CL. Intrigued to see how Philips and Gomez settle and to see how Guardiola can keep Cancelo and Walker fit come the business end of the season.

IN:
Stefan Ortega, 29, GK, Arminia Bielefeld, Free Transfer
Manuel Akanji, 27, CB, Borussia Dortmund, £15m
Sergio Goméz, 21, LB, Anderlecht, £11m
Kalvin Phillips, 26, DM, Leeds, £43m
Terrell Agyemang, 19, AM, Charlton Athletic, Free transfer
Emilio Lawrence, 16, AM, Everton, Free transfer
Erling Haaland, 22, ST, Borussia Dortmund, £51m
Julian Álvarez, 22, ST, River Plate, £14m (January transfer/loan return)

Total spend: £125m

OUT:
Zack Steffen, Loan
Gavin Bazunu, £12m
Aro Murić, £2.5m
Pedro Porro, £7m
Oleksandr Zinchenko, £30m
Ko Itakura, £4m
Juan Larios, £6m
Roméo Lavia, £14m
Fernandinho, Free transfer
James McAtee, Loan
Darko Gyabi, £5m
Samuel Edozie, £10m
Raheem Sterling, £50m
Gabriel Jesus, £45m
Liam Delap, Loan

Total income: £185.5m

Net: £60.5m

Squad:
Ederson, Ortega, Carson
Walker, Cancelo, Lewis
Dias, Laporte, Stones, Aké, Akanji
Gomez, Wilson-Esbrand
Rodri, Phillips
de Bruyne, Bernardo, Gündogan
Foden, Mahrez, Grealish, Palmer
Haaland, Álvarez, Knight

Rate the window /10

Docking a point purely as Jesus and Zinchenko were too nice and talented to be allowed to leave and we created a rival in arsenal by doing so. Not pushed over Sterling, was happy to see him move on but the other pair I’d rather have kept.

But from what’s come in it’s a 10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.