It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I'm still concerned about the hole in the right wing position. Mahrez not looking to work and sterling gone. I'm worried about blowing our budget on Bellingham and going yet another summer with the left back and right wing positions unhandled.
You must be old before your time if you're worrying about that.

Think Pep isn't happy with Cancelo/ Gomez at Left Back which is why you see Ake there.

Cancelo has already cost 6 points this season through mental errors so a LB signing might just make sense to shake things up.
Of the 3 players named there, I’m happiest to see Ake at LB too tbh

I’d love a left back now mate! Gomez seems a nice lad etc but was it just a CFG move or one that we can sell on for a profit?
I suspect that Gomez would have been loaned out immediately had he been a purely profit-focused acquisition. The fact that Pep has seen fit to give the lad game time suggests to me that, initially, he was viewed as a future squad member at the very least. Whether he proves to be good enough is another matter altogether. Thus far - and perhaps I'm being kind here - the jury's still out.

I suspect that Gomez would have been loaned out immediately had he been a purely profit-focused acquisition. The fact that Pep has seen fit to give the lad game time suggests to me that, initially, he was viewed as a future squad member at the very least. Whether he proves to be good enough is another matter altogether. Thus far - and perhaps I'm being kind here - the jury's still out.
Fa Cup match calling for him?

With rumors we are looking at another full back will he get them chances though mate?

Last edited:
I’d love a left back now mate! Gomez seems a nice lad etc but was it just a CFG move or one that we can sell on for a profit?
Gomez is a midfielder, it was Vinny at Anderlecht that played him as a LB, think City saw him as a back up and nothing more with the chance to develop him or eventually move him on

Gomez is a midfielder, it was Vinny at Anderlecht that played him as a LB, think City saw him as a back up and nothing more with the chance to develop him or eventually move him on

I guess he will always be part of the match day squads now though and play cup games

I’m not sure what the question is, but he’s not the answer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.