It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I've seen a lot of comments on here about signings and certain players not being good enough ect. I think sometimes we've got to remember you just can't always just buy anyone we know the club do extensive work into personalities and such.

Also some need to remember there is squad rules like home grown quotas ect

True - but after failing on Cucurella, was there really no one out there?

I don't see Pep going after a pacey winger, unless he has a big change of tactic though.

True - but after failing on Cucurella, was there really no one out there?

I don't see Pep going after a pacey winger, unless he has a big change of tactic though.
Cucurella isn't pulling up trees is he. I actually don't think there is many left backs out there. I think the issue of gomez only heightened more because of cancelos form.

I think my issue is people mention left backs and it's like truly expensive ones or maybe someone the club having conducted their research didn't actually want in their dressing room.

I do think they will get one this summer along with a midfielder.

I get the pacy winger but that's not really a glaring issue for me because most games we face 10men blocks most games. But we could do with an alternative.

I think the full back areas are the main issues with the inverted wingers needing the overlap.

I think the issue I have with some comments regarding the squad building especially on twitter is every player has to be some fancy 100m player who may not even work. It's like oh get leao or Theo Hernandez ect not taking into consideration financials and such especially with the new rules being implemented.

Cucurella isn't pulling up trees is he. I actually don't think there is many left backs out there. I think the issue of gomez only heightened more because of cancelos form.

I think my issue is people mention left backs and it's like truly expensive ones or maybe someone the club having conducted their research didn't actually want in their dressing room.

I do think they will get one this summer along with a midfielder.

I get the pacy winger but that's not really a glaring issue for me because most games we face 10men blocks most games. But we could do with an alternative.

I think the full back areas are the main issues with the inverted wingers needing the overlap.

I think the issue I have with some comments regarding the squad building especially on twitter is every player has to be some fancy 100m player who may not even work. It's like oh get leao or Theo Hernandez ect not taking into consideration financials and such especially with the new rules being implemented.

City did their research, wanted the player and had a valuation. Him being poor at Chelsea doesn't mean he would have been the same at City - however, he was massively overpriced.

Cucurella had a good season and is talented but not the finished article - and there must be similar players who are affordable. If there aren't, then the only alternatives are the top class players with obscene fees who aren't likely to leave - Hernandez etc.

My belief is that there must be alternatives, that are cheaper and can be improved by Pep. Despite his form, I don't think Cancelo will be abandoned as Pep has tried to shoe horn him in everywhere.

With regards to pace, it's not necessarily about running in open space, it's having acceleration to run behind a block or beat a man. None of our wide players have that, which makes it easier to defend against - not saying it's easy, just easier and if we are struggling to beat a 10 man block, variety helps. Again, I agree that this doesn't have to be a superstar - I'd be happy if they looked at this profile in the EDS - it's just an aspect we are lacking.

City did their research, wanted the player and had a valuation. Him being poor at Chelsea doesn't mean he would have been the same at City - however, he was massively overpriced.

Cucurella had a good season and is talented but not the finished article - and there must be similar players who are affordable. If there aren't, then the only alternatives are the top class players with obscene fees who aren't likely to leave - Hernandez etc.

My belief is that there must be alternatives, that are cheaper and can be improved by Pep. Despite his form, I don't think Cancelo will be abandoned as Pep has tried to shoe horn him in everywhere.

With regards to pace, it's not necessarily about running in open space, it's having acceleration to run behind a block or beat a man. None of our wide players have that, which makes it easier to defend against - not saying it's easy, just easier and if we are struggling to beat a 10 man block, variety helps. Again, I agree that this doesn't have to be a superstar - I'd be happy if they looked at this profile in the EDS - it's just an aspect we are lacking.
no i agree with you on the pace being an alternative i just dont see it as a glaring issue if you get what i mean. id like one but its not at the top of my priority list. I feel like the cucurella thing maybe he would have been good for us but its all ifs and maybes deffo not worth the price they wanted. I just feel like the club probably have certain targets for lb and are a bit more wary i do think they will buy one however i also think the market for quality left backs isnt there neither recently. I do think we will get one. I also dont have an issue with cancelo i just think his forms of like i think gundos and fodens is off too the difference being we have other options in midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.