It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I don't believe for one second that City's recruitment has become lazy. With what we know, the whole department is producing reports and analysis on thousands of players every year.

They can't force Pep to give the sign off on them.

Can you really imagine being sat in a room 18mths ago with Pep and Txiki with Aguero gone and all the recruitment staff could offer was "How about we sign Harry Kane".

Did we have Txiki sat there in the summer telling Pep you can't have Cucurella, your having this young lad we have found at Anderlecht instead. Pep would have walked out the door years ago if thats how we ran things.

I think Pep has got a bit complacent in all honesty, he seemingly has unlimited confidence/arrogance that anyone can be taught and improve under his coaching.

For several years we have all been crying out for a LB but seemingly Pep thinks its alright.

He coached an attacking midfielder pulled from the CFG to play there, pulled Delph out of midfield and played him there, turned a RB into a LB and now Ake has had a run he is now our next great hope.

By all accounts Pep was panic stricken during the summer over our CB situation which is why we did a late deal for Akanji. There has to be something we are missing with why he refuses to sign a LB.
as previous poster said though, its just crazy that despite 'producing reports and analysis on thousands of players' like you say, we opt for spending £140million on two distinctly average english players in Grealish and Phillips.
It just does not make sense to me, and it does look incredibly lazy from the outside.

Last edited:
Gomez needs a loan, somewhere like Girona keep it in house. If Cancelo leaves which will be a shame based on his form over the years that would leave us with getting 2 LB or 1 and Ake as cover. That’s given Lewis plays a lot more going forward.

I have a lot of time for Cancelo he’s been a excellent servant but maybe we are becoming stagnant and need a change up. Bernado again I can’t fault but wants out. Gundo long term plan? There potential a few signings could really reshape us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.