It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

City’s recruitment has been so lazy in recent times imo.

Spent a whole summer chasing Kane and leaving the squad without a true no.9

Grealish for 100 mil. Shudder every time I think of this one. I was banging the drum when we where linked he is a poor mahrez without the end product. Honestly there is miles better players than grealish around europe like the bloke who is going to arsenal for instance.

Phillips for 40 mil? Again surely there is better around Europe for half the price. This isn’t hindsight either again I voiced concerns re Phillips ability and injury record.

Ake isn’t as good as the other cbs imo. 40 mil for a back up is madness.

gomez. Wow the very definition of a panic buy

chasing cucurella trying bully Brighton only to miss out and again have no decent back up option, just shocking neglect to the lb position over the last few years. Made worse by selling zinchenko.

Alvarez and akanji are really good signings tbf and obviously haaland is a good buy.

It’s like our recruitment team only watch match of the day! Honestly your telling me there isn’t viable options to grealish, Phillips, cucurella anywhere around Europe for a fraction of the price?

Now we are seemingly gonna blow most our budget on a very over hyped player in Bellingham?

We have become very complacent imo
Stones and Dias when playing their A game are our best cb's. Stones has been our best cb this season, closely followed by Ake. Ake may have been bought as a back up, but on current form deserves to be playing in the starting 11 imo.

I've seen a lot of comments on here about signings and certain players not being good enough ect. I think sometimes we've got to remember you just can't always just buy anyone we know the club do extensive work into personalities and such.

Also some need to remember there is squad rules like home grown quotas ect
The moment we drop a point, we have many posters condemning several players.

The 5 are never available, at the very least one is injured.

Dias before injury was not in a good place, same with Laporte, Ake for me is hugely limited despite been one of our stand outs this season, which for me says everything about how are standards have dropped.
So you miss Eric Garcia and Otamendi?

Cancelo's form has fallen off a cliff and he was found out 3 times defensively by Chelsea in 30 mins. Laporte saved him.

I don't think we can carry an out of form Cancelo along with an out of form KDB.

Recently Pep is trusting Ake there.. so might not be surprising if City do make a move for an actual left back this winter!

Who? That's the question.

I believe we were interested in Al-Nouri of wolves in the summer.. but Wolves look to be heading towards relegation.

Any other rumors about things in the works regarding a left back??

P.S. Cucurella looks like he's not worth the 60 odd mil and Julian Alvarez which is what Brighton were asking.. Txiki was right to say no.. even though he got a lot of shit on this forum at the time!
Bensebaini perhaps an option. Mönchengladbach has some problems with FFP. They will sell anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.