It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

To be fair no one could predict Philips would dislocate his shoulder, & he's not the first player to have taken a season or two to bed in.

Gomez was an afterthought. We went in balls deep for Cucurella, the Chavs swooped & got him, so Gomez was seen as a win/win low-risk move. If it worked, great! If not, he goes to Girona a year later than he would have done.

Either way City don't panic buy, so if not Gomez, recent transfer policies would suggest we go through the season without, mend & make do.

Hopefully in the summer we'll have a couple of options, & not put all our Left Back eggs in one basket...
At least someone is talking sense on here. We haven't had a left back the whole time we won the last 4 Premier League Titles....and Cancelo isn't a full back anyway. Definitely no need to panic.

I wouldn't write off Sergio Gomez yet either

I do not have any issues with this. Except I fail to understand we're already injury affected in squad. Stones and Dias have not played majority of season. We do not have a left back other than Aké and the other guy is barely an acceptable level. Fair enough to let him go but I'm not sure what the grand picture here is

I don't understand what this guy's problem is. He really hasn't been a starter for us since the World Cup. We all thought, I think the majority of us here, that this guy was one of the best left backs in the world and now what has happened... he goes on loan and that's it, interesting. I expect a huge transfer window from us in the summer!

We didnt replace Fernandinho with Phillips we replaced him early with Rodri
How do you know it ridiculous, you dont know whats happening with incomings.
We lost Fernandinho as a back up and replaced him with Phillips, and the squad is weaker as a result.

Gomez would struggle at Championship level, and again his transfer as a replacement for Zinchenko has left the squad worse off. Much worse in fact.

We may buy somebody in the next 24 hours, but we were struggling for full backs even before the Cancelo news broke and the situation isn’t good enough in my opinion.

We lost Fernandinho as a back up and replaced him with Phillips, and the squad is weaker as a result.

Gomez would struggle at Championship level, and again his transfer as a replacement for Zinchenko has left the squad worse off. Much worse in fact.

We may buy somebody in the next 24 hours, but we were struggling for full backs even before the Cancelo news broke and the situation isn’t good enough in my opinion.
Phillips is better than the Fernandiho of last season by quite a bit. Gomez eas never intended as our left back , Cucerella was, when that fell through se didnt panic buy.
Maybe we dont have somebody lined up , but would be surprised if we don’t, anyway there will be a long term plan thats good enough for me.

Can't believe we're gong to weaken the squad further by letting Cancelo go - surely we're going to replace him but there's not much time. What the hell is going on. Why aren't we spending some of our savings!!
You weaken the squad by keeping players who dont want to be here hanging around. They poison the dressing room.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.