It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Have to disagree on Phillips.

Fernandinho’s legs had clearly gone last season, but Fernandinho with a zimmer frame would still be far quicker at getting around the pitch than Phillips.

Ultimately we don’t know how bad Cancelo’s behaviour has been and how much of a distraction he’s proved to be over the past few months. We may just be glad to get rid and if we get good money for him in the summer, then it may be the right move. But if you deplete the squad by buying players who aren’t good enough, even if they’re only meant to be back-ups, then you leave yourself open to bigger problems when players lose their form or spit their dummy out, and that’s essentially what’s happened this season.
Phillips is a rated international but he’s had a long term injury & not much time to get match fit. He was amazing for Leeds & England & will be for us.

Agree with that totally but an unhappy player is an option when we’ve got no decent LBs
Completely disagree. Someone who is unhappy is not an option.
Pep has no faith in Cancelo anymore, what use is he? putting out some cones or taking the water bottles in.

We are in a title fight, Pep has no time for those who aren't up for it.

Makes sense for Cancelo to go on loan - attitude & minutes - but not pursuing a replacement is ridiculous. The squad is already light and we should have been looking at additions.

I’m still a bit worried that we’re in the usual sort of FFP trouble. Why are we selling and not buying?? We keep reading that we’re in net profit; have low wages but we’re not looking to improve a squad that has looked tired.

Cancelo finished by what he said in the tunnel - it's probably a matter of principal and pride to City.

Admittedly it looks crazy that we can't find any LB signings, but dealing with it this way could help galvanise the squad.

And I like Ake at LB. I really do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.