It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

There is one other already world class player who is ready to step up to the next level. the name is nicolo barella. my choice to pair with Rodri in the midfield and then also we can buy bellingham and allow him a couple of years to grow into his potential.

How come we haven't seen more of this lad

There's a reason Maddison has one England appearance by the age of 26 - he's just not that good. And people want him to replace Bernardo?

And Chilwell? Really? Do people want us to win our first CL or would you rather we collect a sub-par Brexit pack fit for the treatment room? Give me strength.
We are certainly lowering our standards these days

Your suggestion is to do a rebuild in the summer, brilliant. Where did I say not to do that and as you say we have a proven track record of doing it if required, so why this sudden panic that we won't in 2023?
I never denied Pep hasn't done a call to arms and where has there been no suggestion that the club and squad won't respond?

However its Feb, not the summer so lets wait until next season before we get all worked up about how the rags or chelsea are "overtaking us".

We have been hearing for the past decade how the rags are one midfielder away, Lukaku is the missing piece for Chelsea and all the rest. How is that working out for them?

If you don’t disagree with me that the summer needs a rebuild, then - with respect - what are you arguing with me for, as that’s what I said in my original post?

Is it because I touched a nerve by saying other clubs are in the process of overtaking us? I don’t think that’s particularly controversial.

Arsenal are better than us already so far this season, Chelsea have just spent an unprecedented fortune on an almost entirely new team packed with talent, and the Rags - regrettably - are building a much stronger core than they’ve had for over a decade and actually have a decent Manager for once.

If we’re complacent this summer - as Pep has suggested he’s concerned about - then however good he is, we’ll start to fall behind these Clubs.

And to answer your question ‘where is the suggestion we won’t respond?’ - to me, leaving Pep with just one senior full back to attack three trophies this season reeks of complacency.

No problem getting rid of Cancelo, but we needed a left back in the summer and didn’t buy one - we needed one in January and still didn’t bother.

Leaving Pep with just Kyle Walker as a proper senior full back - and expecting him to try and win three trophies is, to me, recklessly complacent.

How come we haven't seen more of this lad
exactly nicolo barella is so so good. reminds me veattri from PGS. his technical skill is off the charts compared to madison and even above bellingham I would say. we need bellingham and one other player like barella in our team if both gundo and bernardo go.

If you don’t disagree with me that the summer needs a rebuild, then - with respect - what the fuck are you arguing with me for, as that’s what I said in my original post?

Is it because I touched a nerve by saying other clubs are in the process of overtaking us? I don’t think that’s particularly controversial.

Arsenal are better then us this season, Chelsea have just spent an unprecedented fortune on an almost entirely new team packed with talent, and the Rags - regrettably - are building a much stronger core than they’ve had for over a decade and actually have a decent Manager for once.

If we’re complacent this summer - as Pep has suggested he’s concerned about - then however good he is, we’ll start to fall behind these Clubs.

And to answer your question ‘where is the suggestion we won’t respond’ - to me, leaving Pep with just one senior full back to attack three trophies this season reeks of complacency.

No problem getting rid of Cancelo, but we needed a left back in the summer and didn’t buy one - we needed one in January and still didn’t bother.

Leaving Pep with just Kyle Walker as a proper senior full back - and expecting him to try and win three trophies is, to me, recklessly complacent.
It didn't touch a nerve. It is just an outright fact that they are not. What exactly have the rags and Chelsea achieved that makes you think they are, Spending a load of cash?
By our standards, this is a shite season, out of the Carabao and behind in the league by Feb. Rags and Chelsea still haven't taken advantage, what does that say about them?

Arsenal have come from pretty much nowhere to the position they are in now, so lets see how this season finishes before we want to really call them the second coming.

So you believe that Pep has been screaming the door down for a full back and Txiki has been sat back with his feet on the desk just drifting through the season. Complete nonsense.
At a seconds notice Txiki and the analysts would have a yellow pages book on Pep's desk full to the brim of scouting reports on full backs.

If Pep wanted a left back, we would fucking buy one. Like we did when he first stepped through the door. Maybe Pep is the one that is complacent, he keeps winning trophies with randomers at LB so its a complete blind spot for him.
Pep wouldn't keep signing contracts if we werent delivering what he wanted. He has complete control over pretty much every aspect of this club, but its the left back position that Txiki is keeping hostage and refusing to spend money on.

Lets come back to this on the first game of 2023-24 and we will have the answers wont we.

We've had since summer to plan on the missing out of Cucurella. It's a position we clearly need reinforcements for as the season has been progressing. Then we happily let our only established "LB" go on loan because of a fallout. No planning and no reaction.
Got midfielders that don't want to be here either. Bernie for a few years now. No reaction

Look a costume of the team we were a few years ago. The squad being stagnant a big factor in that.
We are losing via selling or age massive qualities of our squads of old. Pace? Entirely gone. Energy in mid? Defensive pace? Leadership? Creativity? ... all going going...
Sounds like the beginning of the end

exactly nicolo barella is so so good. reminds me veattri from PGS. his technical skill is off the charts compared to madison and even above bellingham I would say. we need bellingham and one other player like barella in our team if both gundo and bernardo go.
How old is he?

We are certainly lowering our standards these days
I agree that Maddison might not be the best replacement for Bernardo or gundo, and I actually rate chilwell however his injury record puts me off tbf. Look at the market though nowadays who can we actually get if we are spending 120-130m on bellingham we need to spend wisely in the areas that are needed the most. We can’t go out and go £80m for lb 70m for cm and 100m for a winger plus bellingham and Laporte will leave aswell so we need to be clever in the market

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.