It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

It didn't touch a nerve. It is just an outright fact that they are not. What exactly have the rags and Chelsea achieved that makes you think they are, Spending a load of cash?
By our standards, this is a shite season, out of the Carabao and behind in the league by Feb. Rags and Chelsea still haven't taken advantage, what does that say about them?

Arsenal have come from pretty much nowhere to the position they are in now, so lets see how this season finishes before we want to really call them the second coming.

So you believe that Pep has been screaming the door down for a full back and Txiki has been sat back with his feet on the desk just drifting through the season. Complete nonsense.
At a seconds notice Txiki and the analysts would have a yellow pages book on Pep's desk full to the brim of scouting reports on full backs.

If Pep wanted a left back, we would fucking buy one. Like we did when he first stepped through the door. Maybe Pep is the one that is complacent, he keeps winning trophies with randomers at LB so its a complete blind spot for him.
Pep wouldn't keep signing contracts if we werent delivering what he wanted. He has complete control over pretty much every aspect of this club, but its the left back position that Txiki is keeping hostage and refusing to spend money on.

Lets come back to this on the first game of 2023-24 and we will have the answers wont we.

Jesus, mate - this is hard work!

You need to read what people actually say before trying to argue against them, otherwise you just end up ranting about nothing.

I never said Chelsea or United had overtaken us. I said they will do (or are arguably in the process of doing, as in Arsenal’s case) if we stand still, given the ambition they’re showing.

If you listen to him, Pep repeatedly says he doesn’t get involved in signing players - he makes recommendations to Txiki and the board, and they make the decisions.

Given we tried to sign Cucurella in the summer, and ended up signing Gomez as a punt at left back - even though he’s a midfielder - it’s safe to assume Pep wanted a left back. And we didn’t fucking buy one, to use your words.

We still don’t have one.

But look - you think Pep runs all aspects of the Club, and is behind any decisions we make. That there’s nothing to suggest any complacency, and we’re all good.

I actually listen to what he says, and therefore believe Txiki makes the decisions on signing players, so if we’re not signing then it’s because he’s decided that - not Pep. I also believe Pep is challenging the whole Club not to be complacent, because that’s what he’s seeing and that’s what he’s communicated in clear and unambiguous English.

We aren’t going to convince each other of anything here, so all we’re doing is clogging up the board and wasting everyone’s time.

I’ll leave it there. Carry on if you’re interested, but I’m done.

Is he gonna be happy being behind bellingham Kdb and foden all season though
he is not going to be. he will be the first name on the team sheet. KDB will be phased out in a year. foden will share time with midfield and forward line. bellingham will be the one who will be behind and needs to improve his game without pressure of carrying the team. barella has the experience at the highest level and being in a title race. we cannot be going into a title race with a inexperienced bellingham as our main choice in the midfield. that is why I am saying we need two great players not just a young bellingham.

we are going to see this summer. and the likes of maddison is not going to cut it.
Some of us don't need to wait until the summer to see it, some of us use the evidence of the last 12 years to know it.Whether we sign a player you don't like or we don't doesn't mean a thing.

he is not going to be. he will be the first name on the team sheet. KDB will be phased out in a year. foden will share time with midfield and forward line. bellingham will be the one who will be behind and needs to improve his game without pressure of carrying the team. barella has the experience at the highest level and being in a title race. we cannot be going into a title race with a inexperienced bellingham as our main choice in the midfield. that is why I am saying we need two great players not just a young bellingham.
Foden should be a starter in this team and I agree that barella is a amazing gundo replacement, bellingham has all the experience he needs already obviously areas to improve but has already done it in the biggest stages of football

I can’t see KDB being phased out in a year. He will still be integral for a few years yet

I accept KDB has slowed down this year but the idea of just phasing him out is madness. He's only 31!
If we want someone like Maddison that can come in and for a few years shadow KDB so he's at his peak fitness because he doesn't have to play all the time etc. then why wouldn't we.

KDB when on form is unplayable its obvious, form is temporary and class is permanent. KDB will remain as important to this team for years to come, even if players like Foden take more of a role and we buy squad players like Maddison. On the pitch we need his talent and his lead by example attitude. Look how many great players continue their careers into their 30's, we just need to balance it right. Maddison wouldn't be coming into to replace someone like KDB but to help the squad. Maybe Foden becomes our next midfield star, maybe not. We will replace KDB when the time comes which isn't now! Can we replace him in a few years? Will be difficult but we've had to replace legends before Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Kompany etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.