It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Never said we can but the competition around us are rebuilding strongly, we will have to strengthen considerably to even stay in the mix next season.

Complacency, remember what the manager said.
I don't imagine other clubs' fans feel this way. For whatever reason, any dropped point, any injury, any player leaving, or any passed transfer window seems to leave some members frothing at the mouth and foreseeing doom. Personally, the last ten years have been a blessing and, my word, we have been lucky to be blessed with the owners, management and players that we have had. I have enjoyed the ride. I have built enough faith in what we have to not think that it will end tomorrow, and enough faith in our transfer team to know that we get it right most of the time. Do we have to considerably strengthen - no. Would we benefit from a couple of signings - yes. Do we need to plan for the eventual departure of KDB, MAhrez, Bernardo and Gundo - naturally so.

When I look at the academy and see talent like Mebude, Borges, NDala, Breckin, Dada-Mascoll and Galvez, I see plenty of reason to be optimistic. I think of Foden, Haaland, Alvarez, Rodri, Stones, Laporte, Dias, and Ederson, and see the spine of a great side, and a young one. I see Lewis coming through to join the team and prospects like Harwood-Bellis going great at Burnley, then I read here and genuinely haven't a clue what some people see, or want. We are absolutely blessed, and nearly every single opposition fan in the country knows that we are the team to beat, and are probably the best run club in world football.

Can I ask a question without you getting mad? Why do you have to always go to extremes. Who said anything about 10 new random guys or emulating Chelsea. How about the supporter like me who doesn't think bringing in a competent, professional LB to provide cover for Cancelo leaving is a big ask? You know why? Because its not and it should have been addressed, simple as that. I for one don't need a lecture on being a good supporter. Just saying...
Have you considered applying for Txiki's job if it's that easy. Just saying...

Get the fuck outta here, will ya. He walks onto this team today. Get a hold of yourself.
I'd say stick to your day job and leave player assessment to someone else. Barella walks onto this team today.
Exactly these guys have no idea what they are speaking about. barella will easily replace gungo or even a KDB in the form he is now. guy can play deeper or higher up. but I do prefer him playing deeper closer to Rodri and maintain total control of the game, though he can also move forward and make key passes. then we have 4 other players doing damage up top. barella is like veattri without the injuries.

I'd take Barella in a heartbeat but it would cost a fortune and he is pretty much the face of Inter...
Inter are a selling club if we put the money and he makes clear to them he wants to leave. yes it will be a big outlay. but if we sell bernardo and cancelo along with our loaded warchest from the last two seasons it should be possible.

bellingham = 120
left-back = 40
winger = 80
barella = 100

bernardo = -50
cancelo = -50

total = +240 net spend

-------rico - Dias - Laporte - Ait Nori

-------------------Rodri
-------Barella
-------------------------Bellingham

--Foden-----------------------------------Leao

-------------------Haaland

What a team that is. also pretty young with a few experienced players that form the spine. set for 5-6 years

Bellingham
De Jong
Fran Garcia
Diaby

That would change our dynamic again imo with youth and pace!
De Jong and Bellingham wouldn't be topped in terms of midfield acquisitions. That's Gundo and Bernardo replaced with arguably better quality. But I think Frenkie will go to United. Hopefully we've made significant inroads with Bellingham.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.