It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Yeah sooner or later they will get it right and finish above us maybe win a trophy or the league thing is we will always compete then won’t have it there own way
They aint closer to us. We chewed them and spat them out at the Etihad. As for the toilet, playing 15 vs 11 will always seem to diminish the gap

I accept KDB has slowed down this year but the idea of just phasing him out is madness. He's only 31!
If we want someone like Maddison that can come in and for a few years shadow KDB so he's at his peak fitness because he doesn't have to play all the time etc. then why wouldn't we.

KDB when on form is unplayable its obvious, form is temporary and class is permanent. KDB will remain as important to this team for years to come, even if players like Foden take more of a role and we buy squad players like Maddison. On the pitch we need his talent and his lead by example attitude. Look how many great players continue their careers into their 30's, we just need to balance it right. Maddison wouldn't be coming into to replace someone like KDB but to help the squad. Maybe Foden becomes our next midfield star, maybe not. We will replace KDB when the time comes which isn't now! Can we replace him in a few years? Will be difficult but we've had to replace legends before Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Kompany etc.
I remember a lot of similar posts about his slowing down etc last season. And to my eye at least, he moved like fucking grease lighting to get that ball from Mings and lay that delicious cross for Gundo to make history. This really isnt the season to pass serious judgment (negatively anyway) on anyone. We have never had a world cup break and I think we make the mistake of assuming these guys are overdrive robots who ca be turned on and off on demands. My guess is a few will be eating humble pie (again) in a few months - let's see ...

I remember a lot of similar posts about his slowing down etc last season. And to my eye at least, he moved like fucking grease lighting to get that ball from Mings and lay that delicious cross for Gundo to make history. This really isnt the season to pass serious judgment (negatively anyway) on anyone. We have never had a world cup break and I think we make the mistake of assuming these guys are overdrive robots who ca be turned on and off on demands. My guess is a few will be eating humble pie (again) in a few months - let's see ...
I hope so, the worrying thing is that this to me is common sense. He may be the most complete player ive ever watched live.

look at the post above I think pep will love nicolo barella. him along with bellinghm will solve our midfield issues for half a decade. bellingham can provide the running while barella could provide the technicality.
I'd take Barella in a heartbeat but it would cost a fortune and he is pretty much the face of Inter...

Delph - Playing in a team where we dominated cause of how good our midfield and forward line were at protecting the back 4 and dominating possession.....we dont have that now....we have the best finisher in the game but his pressing from the front aint a patch on Jesus (I wouldnt swap them btw)....KDB and Gundo both in their prime....they aint now....a fully motivated bernardo - not the same now...

and therefore that left back is now exposed as is the rest of the team.....

You cannot compare that centurions team with the one of this year....the team of today it isnt as good - by some bit
We're doomed I tell ya.

A CL winner who has become injury plagued. He'd be about as much use to us as Phillips.
He's not injury plagued. He suffered a serious knee injury and was probably rushed back on several occasions. If he can recover fully, at 26 he's more than good enough to help this team. People get so carried away with overvaluing some of ours and underestimating every one else's. Unless its some over-rated fella with an exotic sounding name from some exotic sounding place...LMFAO

Hm. Great technical skill but what that video shrieks at me is that this is a player with no judgment who takes massive, unnecessary risks in dangerous areas.
I'd say stick to your day job and leave player assessment to someone else. Barella walks onto this team today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.