It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

De Jong and Bellingham wouldn't be topped in terms of midfield acquisitions. That's Gundo and Bernardo replaced with arguably better quality. But I think Frenkie will go to United. Hopefully we've made significant inroads with Bellingham.

Frenkie is such a pep player and if bernardo still wants barca and they have no cash its such a sensible deal for both clubs? Add the extra advantage it fucks the rags up! lol

De Jong and Bellingham wouldn't be topped in terms of midfield acquisitions. That's Gundo and Bernardo replaced with arguably better quality. But I think Frenkie will go to United. Hopefully we've made significant inroads with Bellingham.

Frenkie is such a pep player and if bernardo still wants barca and they have no cash its such a sensible deal for both clubs? Add the extra advantage it fucks the rags up! lol

ya De Jong would also be good. but I don't see him leaving barca anytime soon. he will not swap barcelona for manchester and he has made that clear. that is why nicolo barella should be a option.

Can I ask a question without you getting mad? Why do you have to always go to extremes. Who said anything about 10 new random guys or emulating Chelsea. How about the supporter like me who doesn't think bringing in a competent, professional LB to provide cover for Cancelo leaving is a big ask? You know why? Because its not and it should have been addressed, simple as that. I for one don't need a lecture on being a good supporter. Just saying...
It is a big ask though. You cant just click your fingers and sign a player. The list of players who have shown any inclination of being able to carry out what Pep wants probably has three names on it, if they are good enough for us then it's really not going to be easy to sign them.

We have given Pep everything he could have wanted since he arrived, why on earth would we be gatekeeping a fullback from him.
Several people keep making comments along the lines of its Txiki or the club that are refusing and Pep actually desperately wants a signing. How does this make any sense?

Pep is probably his own worst enemy. He has coached the likes of Delph and Zinchenko into title winning fullbacks and maybe that grows complacency.
You wont felt the need to buy one when you can just coach someone, maybe that luck has run out but Ake is putting together his best performances playing there, which is partly the reason Cancelo has left.

Laporte is very capable of playing on the left and we have Gomez who was getting rave reviews and performing well for a big club last season and clearly has ability.

Presuming Cancelo is sold in the summer, I'd expect us to sign someone but as it stands it really isn't that unusual for Pep to want to roll with what we have until then.

From the Gaughan/Lee articles it does seem that City will be looking for a left back, CMs and a winger this summer. Which is pretty much what a few people were saying we needed last summer.
Has it not occurred to you where they get their ideas for the articles from?

;)

-------rico - Dias - Laporte - Ait Nori

-------------------Rodri
-------Barella
-------------------------Bellingham

--Foden-----------------------------------Leao

-------------------Haaland

What a team that is. also pretty young with a few experienced players that form the spine. set for 5-6 years
Laporte will be gone this summer, replace him with...
https%3A%2F%2Ftherealchamps.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F1245677307.jpeg

and we will have a team for another 5 years that will be challenging for everything.

He's not injury plagued. He suffered a serious knee injury and was probably rushed back on several occasions. If he can recover fully, at 26 he's more than good enough to help this team. People get so carried away with overvaluing some of ours and underestimating every one else's. Unless its some over-rated fella with an exotic sounding name from some exotic sounding place...LMFAO
so we take the risk on him and spend say £50 mil. First few months in he does his knee (again) and we are back at square one again putting make shift players in positions to fill the void.

We have to nail this left back signing in the summer, and going for players with a pretty poor injury record over recent years is just not an option unfortunately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.