It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

They would be better under Pep...but they wouldnt be good enough to win a league..not without serious other additions.

The vast majority of english players...especially in terms of forwards and creative midfielders are hugely overrated.....look at the supposed golden generation of England football (beckham scholes gerrard and lampard etc)....when it came to playing against much better technically gifted players they were found out...
Beckham, Scholes , Gerrard and Lampard all were leading figures in sides which won the Chamions League , and all got to more than one final. The CL is probably the most competitive technical competition there is.
Plenty of excellent crops of players never make it at international level in a lot of different countries.

Maddison - Bellingham
Rodri

Midfield next season if we go by links.

Kev having his feet up for some games will be good for everyone.

I agree. The beauty of adding those two players means Kev can get a rest and so can Rodri.

Frenkie can play a six, but he's a little square on and needs to be playing his passes from the eight and ten.

Bellingham is never gonna be a six, and see him more as recovery insurance in a ten?

Grealish/Foden left -Mahrez/Foden right.

I'd argue it would be the best front six in world football.

I agree. The beauty of adding those two players means Kev can get a rest and so can Rodri.

Frenkie can play a six, but he's a little square on and needs to be playing his passes from the eight and ten.

Bellingham is never gonna be a six, and see him more as recovery insurance in a ten?

Grealish/Foden left -Mahrez/Foden right.

I'd argue it would be the best front six in world football.
If those 3 MF came in we will have one hell of a side, and I will sleep well with the thought.

It worried me a little yesterday hearing about Maddison, but if you add Bellingham, FDJ to him, wow that's some serious high quality revamp.

so we take the risk on him and spend say £50 mil. First few months in he does his knee (again) and we are back at square one again putting make shift players in positions to fill the void.

We have to nail this left back signing in the summer, and going for players with a pretty poor injury record over recent years is just not an option unfortunately.
I didn't say we get him. I said he's good enough to play here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.