It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

It would allow Kalvin to get a proper shot somewhere else and get our money back.

We only paid £42m.

Bernie in a rough Frenkie swap, Gundo out on a free.

Phillips money towards Bellingham, ultimate cost about £80m to overhaul our midfield.
I would assume ,if the plan is for Foden to move central, it would be Frenkie instead of Maddison

Last edited:
It would allow Kalvin to get a proper shot somewhere else and get our money back.

We only paid £42m.

Bernie in a rough Frenkie swap, Gundo out on a free.

Phillips money towards Bellingham, ultimate cost about £80m to overhaul our midfield.

would we possibly offer to forego some money on the Torres fee for the difference in bernardo?

It is a big ask though. You cant just click your fingers and sign a player. The list of players who have shown any inclination of being able to carry out what Pep wants probably has three names on it, if they are good enough for us then it's really not going to be easy to sign them.

We have given Pep everything he could have wanted since he arrived, why on earth would we be gatekeeping a fullback from him.
Several people keep making comments along the lines of its Txiki or the club that are refusing and Pep actually desperately wants a signing. How does this make any sense?

Pep is probably his own worst enemy. He has coached the likes of Delph and Zinchenko into title winning fullbacks and maybe that grows complacency.
You wont felt the need to buy one when you can just coach someone, maybe that luck has run out but Ake is putting together his best performances playing there, which is partly the reason Cancelo has left.

Laporte is very capable of playing on the left and we have Gomez who was getting rave reviews and performing well for a big club last season and clearly has ability.

Presuming Cancelo is sold in the summer, I'd expect us to sign someone but as it stands it really isn't that unusual for Pep to want to roll with what we have until then.
I'll leave it at this, let's just hope Ake doesn't get hurt and is up for playing a good 25 matches from now 'til the end of May. And if not, Txiki can always go in for your pal Centurions to provide cover...

I wonder what sort of deal we could get for Phillips.

I think it would be more a loan with a option to buy, this sort of deal seemed very popular the other evening and makes sense with him proving fitness somewhere else. Clubs that would go for him? Leeds, West Ham, Everton if they stay up?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.