It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Here we go!

Tolmie's news and an excitement make me wonder. Although the Bellingham deal is a obvious one and we have always been linked I wonder If that's positive news regarding the transfer.

Or other targets are now being looked at, which makes sense.

Its Isco isn't it?!

The signs are that Bernardo and Cancelo are going. Possibly Gundo and Laporte, if not Gundo then Phillips, so they would all need replacing. LB, 2 Mid and winger seem the logical picks.

Bellingham seems the obvious first one, the others who knows.

We can’t even guess the first 11 right each week, so getting 4 possible incomings correct is a long shot

Bellingham, leao, left back, possibly cb , can't c much more than that unless we have a lot of outgoings.

Cancelo
Laporte?
Gundogan
Bernardo

Think foden will move into midfield with leao being played on either wing.

Just because Pep likes him doesn’t mean he’s first choice.
I like pizza but want lobster tails and French onion soup.
Maybe some bruschetta, aranchini and a cold beer if anyone’s popping out.

Gvardiol is as important as the midfield imo. Ake has saved us this season, he’s been vital. But never in a million years should he be first choice left centre back in this back 3 going forwards. Harsh, I know, but it’s true. We need players that can break lines. Ake is doing his best but we’ll never have dominant build up again unless we stack the back 3 with players of Gvardiol’s level. The way he can break lines either with passes or by bringing the ball out with a dribble is exceptional. I just hope we have genuine, serious interest in doing this deal.
I agree about Ake, i think he's a really good defender and CH and he's doing a solid job at LB but he isn't the long term answer there imo. He's not much of a threat going forward and does get caught out times when caught upfield and teams play passes behind him. With our current squad we will need more of a LB/LWB next season.

If we are serious about Gvardiol, which i personally think we should be, i think both Laporte and Ake would be sold and we'd also bring a LB like Robinson who has more of that attacking instinct.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.