It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I didn't see class last night mate, i havent seen class for 80% of the last two seasons. There's not many 'class' players who cant control the football and miss sitter after sitter.

Personally think it's time for both parties to go their separate ways. Thank him for his services to our club but allow him to seek newer pastures.

Problem with Raz is his present contract - to extend he will want similar or improved terms - could anyone watching last night justify Raz being the second highest earner on that pitch? I know that’s a single game and perhaps a little unfair to him but this season there are a lot of players ahead of him in our squad - so our salary relativities are all over the place.

That’s true and he did a good job. I’d just like to see them in the League Cup or the PL when we are already 8-0 up ;-)

Our signings seem to be shifting to the galactico end of the spectrum, with some very high wages which are only going to increase the more trophies are won. Thee catchphrase of the Galactico era was "Zidane's y Pavones". For every Haaland, Grealish, De Jong, De Bruyne you have to have someone who saves you money.

Not to mention the likes of Foden, Bernardo, Dias will all be expecting their next contract to be relative to that top tier. That will need to be balanced out with academy players sooner rather than later, so Pep will have to start bringing them through ASAP.

We probably won't have 4 £50m+ CBs for much longer, someone like Doyle or Mbete will come through as 4th choice. Palmer might replace Mahrez, McAtee Gundogan etc. we've been saying these things for a while but it'll become a necessity soon.

Last edited:
According to Sam Lee City aren't talking about an extension until next season :S
The problem with that info is the source…. He’s clueless.

This is so typical of this website.

Sam Lee didn't say City aren't talking about an extension, in fact I heard him on an Athletic podcast yesterday saying they expect one very soon.

City Xtra tweet out that according to Lee, a City spokesperson had told the press no new contract is coming. That's all.

So you get 1 poster who cant read a tweet posting something wrong on here, and a dozen "SLIAC" comments will follow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.