It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Hope we are looking for someone very similar to Bernardo and very similar to Walker. If such beasts exist.

Our signings seem to be shifting to the galactico end of the spectrum, with some very high wages which are only going to increase the more trophies are won. Thee catchphrase of the Galactico era was "Zidane's y Pavones". For every Haaland, Grealish, De Jong, De Bruyne you have to have someone who saves you money.

Not to mention the likes of Foden, Bernardo, Dias will all be expecting their next contract to be relative to that top tier. That will need to be balanced out with academy players sooner rather than later, so Pep will have to start bringing them through ASAP.

We probably won't have 4 £50m+ CBs for much longer, someone like Doyle or Mbete will come through as 4th choice. Palmer might replace Mahrez, McAtee Gundogan etc. we've been saying these things for a while but it'll become a necessity soon.
5 subs will really help the academy boys development in a lot of games. Hopefully a lot more opportunities for game minutes

I know we all expect big named players such as Bellingham or FDJ but I’d be delighted if we pulled off a deal for someone like Ward-Prowse as long as the money wasn’t ridiculous

I'm a big Ward-Prowse fan, made a case for him over any other English midfielder a couple of weeks ago, but going from FDJ to JWP would be a massively disappointing downgrade.

Every other post on here talks about a swap deal.
Here’s my prediction for the summer, we’ll buy players and sell players but we won’t do any player swap deals.
Lol well said.

City have literally done like 1 or 2 swap deals in the last 10 years and both of those involved fees going 1 way and 1 the other way so it was a typical buy/sell - example Danilo/Cancelo

Swap deals are too complex and rarely happen.

We tend to walk if we feel we are being used to start a bidding war. I'd only want a player who was totally focused on us.

When you look back we can be glad we missed out on Sanchez, Maguire, Ronaldo etc. We had some very lucky escapes.

Bellingham seems really hard to get done this summer. I don't see Dortmund selling another one of their star players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.